Please get your flu shot.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't ask me how I know :crying: 7 days now and I go back to work tomorrow ready or not. I heard a 24 year old woman was lost to it.

ANYWAY, there is still time to get yours. I didn't this year because of a family history of guillain barre syndrome but I now think it's worth the risk for me. I'll be back in line for mine next year.

~O~

Not me either ... just to much evidence out there making the shots way more harmful to health than protection from flu ...the whole idea that vaccine makers can’t be held liable for the harm they do ...by law says it all ...nope not me ever ..just don’t trust the medical system in regard to how it’s such a monopoly ...and so easily corrupted ...they spend most of there time preventing cures on the market than curing anything ...like there in the business of making more sick to be treated for life ...vaccines fit this line of thinking to me to much to trust them period ....in my opinion ...

I’m on the fence about the flu shot. I got one and haven’t gotten sick, but my daughter got one and has had a fever and chills the last day or 2. She’s doing better today so I guess she’s getting over it quickly. My son didn’t get it and he’s been pretty sick the last couple weeks.
Mother in law got a shot and she’s had recurring fever and chills since mid December.
Last year I didn’t get a shot and didn’t get sick at all. So who knows.

My job is the Emergency Management Coordinator at a VA Hospital. In this position, I am tied into 16 community hospitals in the eight surrounding counties. Every one of those hospitals is SLAMMED with flu patients. We have been pretty fortunate that we haven't seen a large number of Veterans with flu symptoms.

Maybe it's the free flu shots offered to Veterans in the outpatient building, maybe it's the mandatory flu shot for all employees (either that or wear a mask for the entire day), or maybe it's just that most of the Veterans we see do not have gem spreading devices (school age children) at home any more. Whatever it is, I'm glad I don't have it!

they are saying that this years vaccine is only 20% effective to me that isn't saying much. I've never had luck getting a flu shot and when I get the shot I always get the flu. a flu shot to me means bc/bs pays for me to get sick rather than for me to get well

The news in this area has been reporting the shot to be 11% effective. Not even sure what this would mean to patients, but to me I take it as about one out of ten will not get the flu, with the shot. That is very poor performance in my way of thinking and why would you not get a 89% discount off of the cost if it performs at 11%. Several years ago I happened to be in the docs office and he convinced me to get the shot (I've not had one before that, unless it was as a child). I got the flu (severe) and the doc basically stated that the mix of what to cover wasn't very good that year. Since then no more flu shots. It is basically a gamble of what flu will be in play and did they guess right and get the strain into the mix. Now that I told my story, I'll probably get the flu, which medicine can't cure (just has to run its course, heard that too many times in my life) and may or may not prevent. This picture, to me, is what's wrong with medicine. Medicine cures very little, yes they can set a bone but it is your body that fixes the bone not medicine. Most medicine alleviates the pain and the body cures itself or doesn't. I have a cabinet full of crap that doesn't "fix" my medical issue, it masks the symptoms. Sorry for the rant, too close to the issue and my Dad passed away in Oct., same scenario. They can't fix the results of a stroke and other things that were occuring. They are PRACTICING medicine!

hmmmm

I have been getting shots (the company pays a part of it) but forgot about it this season.
Shots or not, I haven't got fever for several years now.
I have a doctor's appointment in two weeks. I guess she would recommend it..

but only 11% effective, hmmmmm

Never had one by choice. Got a pretty decent cold now but it's the first in almost 20 years. Seems to me the flu shot just produces the crap.

All opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.

Having said that, The wife and I get the flu shots every year and we don't get the flu. 2 of my daughters and one daughter-in-law work in health care and get the shot - no flu for them. 3rd daughter doesn't work and I told her she shouldn't be around my wife due to the wife's chemo compromised immune system; I paid for the daughter's shot and she didn't get the flu.

We traveled the world for 20 years of military service and did not get any of the sicknesses we were vaccinated against.

It is a free country and you don't have to get the flu shot; just don't come around my wife if you won't protect yourself.

Yes, Virginia, this family believes in immunology.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199214#p199214:3rsx9zkt said:
PurpleGL1200I » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:26 pm[/url]":3rsx9zkt]
All opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.

Having said that, The wife and I get the flu shots every year and we don't get the flu. 2 of my daughters and one daughter-in-law work in health care and get the shot - no flu for them. 3rd daughter doesn't work and I told her she shouldn't be around my wife due to the wife's chemo compromised immune system; I paid for the daughter's shot and she didn't get the flu.

We traveled the world for 20 years of military service and did not get any of the sicknesses we were vaccinated against.

It is a free country and you don't have to get the flu shot; just don't come around my wife if you won't protect yourself.

Yes, Virginia, this family believes in immunology.
:good:

I get the flu shot every year,an haven't had the flu for many many years. Remember way back in 1918 millions died in this country alone an many more around the world. Vaccine must be doing something right.