Massey Ferguson Lawn mower.Tractor

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winger 82

Reaction score
I'm working on my son's lawnmower, it's a Massey Feruson 20 or 25 hp Briggs engine in it , he had trouble with it only running on full or partial choke, I have taken the carb off 2/3 times to clean it out (it's only 2 yrs old) and this last time I cleaned it there was nothing in it , so put it back on and started it up and same thing only run on full choke, checked the full filter and seems to be good but very little gas in it, pull the feed line off on the inlet side and only got a dribble out of this line, my questions is this .should this line be gravity feed to the inlet side of the fuel filter ? it does have a vacuum run fuel pump on it. it looks like the fuel line is on the bottom of the tank which makes me think it should be gravity fed to the filter, just trying to find out for sure before I have to disassemble a bunch of Sheet to change out this fuel line.
Thanks in advance
Winger 82

It sounds like something is clogging the outlet at the bottom of the fuel tank. You could blow air up the line and see if that clears it. If it does, you'll need to remove the tank to get the debris out.

Thanks, that was my next move, no air compressor at his place so I have to load mine up and take it out to his place.
Thanks again Winger 82

Vacuum fuel pumps suck. I switched the one on the wife's Kawasaki Mule out for a cheap low pressure electric and it went fom being a hard-to-start dog to a reliable mule. But, did the same on our John Deere 345 (Kaw v-twin) but replaced the mechanical pump on it. Still died after about an hohr with sporratic restart success. A new Chinese carburetor from Amazon seems to have cured it. I've rebuilt four sets of GL1000 carbs, but it appears I didn't do well enough on this one.

Latest posts