Looking for Canadian Member

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rednaxs60

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for the Canadian member, out of Alberta I believe, who has been refurbishing his bike, especially the 1200 engine using rings from a car engine. The rings had to be modified to fit. Had responded to his thread but have since lost the thread.

Cheers

I believe so. Thanks for replying. Looked for your thread because I did a cold compression test and it was 125 across the board. Will be doing one when at operating temperature, hopefully be more. An issue I have is I was taught that when you do an engine top end you should do the bottom end as well. Have started to read your thread again and will be perusing others as well. Bike is operating well as is, so I will monitor at this point. If the compression test stays consistent, it ain't broke so don't fix it, but good to be prepared.

Thanks again.

Cheers

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195693#p195693:1ngebexq said:
Rednaxs60 » 35 minutes ago[/url]":1ngebexq]
I believe so. Thanks for replying. Looked for your thread because I did a cold compression test and it was 125 across the board. Will be doing one when at operating temperature, hopefully be more. An issue I have is I was taught that when you do an engine top end you should do the bottom end as well. Have started to read your thread again and will be perusing others as well. Bike is operating well as is, so I will monitor at this point. If the compression test stays consistent, it ain't broke so don't fix it, but good to be prepared.

Thanks again.

Cheers
Was your compression test done with wide open throttle, and cranking good speed.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195697#p195697:2t3sc0qq said:
dan filipi » 45 minutes ago[/url]":2t3sc0qq]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195693#p195693:2t3sc0qq said:
Rednaxs60 » 35 minutes ago[/url]":2t3sc0qq]

Thanks again.

Cheers
Was your compression test done with wide open throttle, and cranking good speed.

All plugs out. Cranking very well.

I guess they are working OK. Bike doesn't use any oil so I don't think any is getting past the valve seals. They are for a '74 Civic I think but they look exactly like the seals I took off the GL. Snapped onto the top of the valve guide. Could feel slight resistance when pushing the valve stem through. So I would say they are as good as OE but way cheaper. :good: