1981 Honda goldwing gl1100 interstate restoration

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miller.connor25

Reaction score
I have this Honda goldwing it's been in my garage for 3 years because its broke down pretty where it needs an ignition, new blinkers, I have a new wiring harness but not too sure how to put on just yet. I have already tore the saddlebags and back rest off the brakes are non existant it may need a battery and I think I have to tear the front fairing off to get to all the wiring and to get the tank off.
a65cdf8a7760894e208594a4d4dc9c48.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

pidjones":2ahtntg1 said:
You will need to remove the rear wheel and fenders to pull the tank. Or do you mean the shelter (faux tank)?
yea the faux tank I did not know that was called that
f5a7a2d854d1fe8cf3f630d3d76aee0e.jpg

Welcome to the site. you can get a lot of answers here to help you along. When you get this point in the disassembly process, the wiring harness is pretty easy to access.

Attachments

• IMG_4447small.jpg
    IMG_4447small.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 129
kerryb":3gdhqcld said:
Welcome to the site. you can get a lot of answers here to help you along. When you get this point in the disassembly process, the wiring harness is pretty easy to access.
I'm have troubles getting the front fairing off I have no clue how to take it off