My somewhat slow 1100 build

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusterdude

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1949 panhead,1972 cb750,1980 gl1100,1985 gl1200,1998 cbr600f3 and 2003 vulcan 1600 classic
I've been piddling with this for a few months now.made a new intake setup,had a bunch of parts sandblasted and finished painting today.installed the engine in the frame yesterday and moved the conglomeration into my shed and put on my lift.hope to install center stand and swingarm Wednesday.
afebbf9d24d9087a445d70bb9c3b9209.jpg

Sent from my LG-US601 using Tapatalk

Thanks joe,I hope it works

Nice. Let me suggest the forks after the swing arm. Balancing front and back, it can stay on the 2Xs for a long time. Maybe with a ratchet strap over the engine. What did you paint the frame with?

That's the plan for now,I used sem black etch primer then sem black e- coat because I had it.any good top coat will work.

A brief update,I managed to install the center stand.I wanted to install the swingarm but that didn't happen,I misplaced one of the seals so I ordered another one off ebay,hope it gets here by Saturday.that's all for now.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Update:my progress or lack thereof today.can't install swingarm until I get a set of snap ring pliers that I can use for the coupler anap ring.also,need to find a press so the lower tree bearing can be installed.I did manage to pull the gauge cups and the headlight ring and the headlight bucket,they are going to the chrome shop later this week.that's all for now.

On the 1000, I used Harbor Freight snap ring pliers and just tapped the bearings in with a SMALL ball peen hammer using the old race and a block of oak to guard it.

That's an idea,I ordered a gearwrench long snap ring plier and I'm gonna take the tree to a friends shop tomorrow.

Weekend update,the swingarm is on,still waiting on honda special tool 8000 so I can torque the funky nut.triple trees are on.been mocking up the vulcan? gas tank I have.ill have more later in the week.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Sure makes a lotta room under the seat.

Ok folks,made a little headway today.got the front end on without the tire.having issues with my new shinko 712.see my thread on the 712 for details.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=216170#p216170:3uoylu7g said:
Dusterdude » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:01 am[/url]":3uoylu7g]
Ok folks,made a little headway today.got the front end on without the tire.having issues with my new shinko 712.see my thread on the 712 for details.

I love my A230s and have not had any fitment problems with 2 sets on the Rats Nest and one front on the Valkyrie. :good:

Groovy,ill keep them in mind.thanks

A little progress today,finally was able to get the front tire bead to seat.so ill be installing it on the bike Wednesday.

A little progress today,finally installed the rear wheel,brake caliper bracket,caliper stay arm and the shocks,whooo hooo