The Dodge Neon Coilpack upgrade for the GL1200’s install guide for dummies!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRepoGuy

Reaction score
Alright - I had enough with tinkering around and trying to find answers so with the help of Dave and the DenverWinger on another forum I got this Modification sorted out. SO - here’s what I did with the 1200 since it differs slightly from the 1100. It’ll be a lengthy post with pictures so be forewarned!

The install is just as easy on the 1200 though I overthought the entire damn process instead of using the KISS concept, ya know...Keep It Simple Stupid!

I sourced the CP from a 2002 Neon with the 2.4L motor. The CP IS universal and on several other Chrysler products so that’s a bonus, just need to find one with a 4 banger!

Basics apply here as far as removal of the old coils and so forth...Since I already have mine disassembled fitting the coilpack (CP) in the same spot as the factory coils was a cake walk. Right where she needed to be.

Placement here puts the harness from the CP on the left side of the bike with the brown/white tracer wire FROM THE HARNESS at the top, this wire is connected to the first coil wire on the wing which is the yellow with blue tracer.

The second or middle wire which is a Green/Orange Trace on the CP harness goes to the Black/White tracer wires (there’s two on the 1200, both were connected to the negative terminals on the stock coils) both of those wires were soldered together then connected to that green/orange center wire

Then the last wire which is the Blue with yellow tracer is pretty well self explanatory.

Heat shrink and 3m waterproof connectors sealed the job and they’re hooked up. FINALLY!

The way I have the CP in the wing means the first set of coils are for 1 and 2; cylinder 1 being on the right side of the wing in front gets the spark plug wire from the forward right terminal.

Here’s the photo bucket link to what I’ve got and where it sits. The one with the CP inverted shows a red arrow to the left of the bike as it sits in the bike and blue for the right
https://s1383.photobucket.com/user/Repo5 ... 20Coilpack

Haven’t fired her up yet, still have to tinker with the T mark and realign the timing marks on the pulleys but it does fit so hopefully it’ll spark and HOPEFULLY this will help others out who haven’t done this yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk