Totally bored

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skiri251

Supporting Member
Reaction score
with this corona lockdown. No date set for phase 2 here in Los Angeles county.

So I added some junk electronics to my RoofedWing.

GPS with defunct Windows CE tablet OS (LOL).
IMG_20200523_112837.jpg

Onboard bluetooth failed to connect to any of my headsets. Hooked up bluetooth transmitter to earphone jack and paired the headset to it.

Rearview mirror mounted drive recorder with rear view camera.
IMG_20200525_102844.jpg

Front camera view shows up in the rear view mirror.
IMG_20200525_102527.jpg

Rear camera image occupies top-right 1/9th of image. It becomes full image in reverse gear which my RoofedWing doesn't have so I added a switch at the handlebar.
IMG_20200525_102527c.jpg

And lastly water proof glove box on a faux tank and this is the current cockpit view.
IMG_20200525_102449.jpg

Now only if I can go somewhere in it.....

Oh and this new cheapy helmet.
s-l500.jpg

It just has a built-in retractable sun shield so I can put my reading glasses lower on my nose to look down and read instruments. Poor man's bifocal setup. LOL (I should really go to eye doctor and have proper bifocal glasses with automatic tinting once the lockdown ends..)

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=217625#p217625:3a3yc3jj said:
desertrefugee » Tue May 26, 2020 9:32 am[/url]":3a3yc3jj]
Quite the project! But, you still need a waterproof glove box even with the roof?

You never know. The roof may leak... LOL
Seriouly thought that's what I just had in a garage.
Nice size box to keep the headset, reading glasses, charging USB cables, etc.

I took my wife out for dinner four times since the 'limited reopening' last week. We're doing our part to support all the hospitality-industry folks who were furloughed. With only 50% occupancy, it will be difficult for restauraunts to turn a reasonable profit, but even moreso, servers will not be able to turn anywhere near the appropriate level of tables. To help THEM recover, I set my policy: Gratuity rate 50%. A$50.00 dinner, $25.00 tip = $75.00.

Yeah, mebbie I'm a bit crazy about that, but dammit- these people are hurting, it is all I can do, I will do it.

I'm taking a couple days off Thursday and Friday... gonna get ready to cut some holes through the plaster ceiling of my second story rooms to add new ductwork. Anyone wanna help??