LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >   It is currently June 25th, 2018, 1:40 am
Who Is Online: No registered users ....1 guest(s) viewing this forum
Jump to:  

Portal » Forums » General Discussions » Forum Help and FAQ's » Forum Help

Welcome to Classic Goldwings!
You are now viewing the forums as a guest which has very limited access to the forums.

Post subject: probs using ipad
Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#1  Unread postPosted: September 13th, 2016, 2:04 am

Site supporter

Topic author

Total Posts: 151
Active Topics: 8

Total Images: 0
Local time: June 25th, 2018, 10:40 am
My Bike Models: '78 GL1000 trike in build

Profile Personal album

Hi
been using a laptop with no probs but when trying to use my ipad start to get problems.

tried to load a pic, ipad opened it in a new window, and it will not stop loading.
close that window down and return to the post and the pic is there ok, but that does not seem like a good way of running things.

other prob is getting to the end of a post then being interrupted by a notice to login. So i log in and then find my laboriously created post has gone. bit of PITA that.

third prob (will they ever end?) pics loaded right way up for ages, then suddenly go into different orientations. try to correct it by turning and resaving the original pic but it still does it. Sometimes!

Sorry to be such a PITA myself, I know you good people are working hard for all of us, but anything you could do to help would be great but if not, we will carry on regardless.

Barry

Post subject: Re: probs using ipad
Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#2  Unread postPosted: September 13th, 2016, 7:33 am

Site supporter
knocker
C5 Club
Single Carb Club

Total Posts: 20693
Active Topics: 822

Total Images: 4096
Local time: June 25th, 2018, 1:40 am
My Bike Models: 1983 Interstate with '84 1200 engine, Solex single carb, and C5 ignition.
2016 KLR 650
My Bike Logs forum link: http://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=122"

Profile Personal album

My YouTube Channel
That's a tough one. So many things can cause problems from the browser and operating system to the wifi speed/quality/strength.

As far as the picture loading goes, is it all pictures including attachments (loading in a post full size) and gallery pictures?

The login deal...
you have to already be logged in to get the posting window where you type your message so it seems like you WERE logged in... then maybe you got logged out while composing your post...then to actually submit your post the system was telling you to log in?

This all sounds like a internet connection...and maybe a browser cache/cookie issue.
Maybe your internet connection "times out"?

PLEASE! Use your Gallery album for saving pictures instead of using attachments or picture sharing sites, especially technical reference pics. This will make sure your images will ALWAYS be in your post and the discussion thread will make sense!
Go HERE and learn how to use the Gallery.

Image Image ImageClick to order CGW Stuff

If you know someone can embroider our 3" patch, let me know!
My photo gallery
How to use the Gallery, Part 1, Part 2

How to add your bike photo to the rotating banner and our Banner Rides Page.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#3  Unread postPosted: September 13th, 2016, 7:39 am

Global Moderator
C5 Club

Total Posts: 14816
Active Topics: 151

Total Images: 112
Local time: June 25th, 2018, 5:40 am
My Bike Models: 98 Valkyrie, 84 Standard, X2 80GL1100,81GL1100,82KZ750,81 Seca750 ++

Profile Personal album

Sounds like you need to change some settings in Ipad. Seems cookies are turned off and it's timing out on you.

Vote NO on taxes, levies, and incumbents.
Every day I learn I know less than I thought I did.
Every time something is made idiot proof. The world produces a better idiot!
Maturity like wisdom seldom arrives without age. Far too often though age arrives without either.
ImageImage Image
Politicians are like diapers. They need changed often. For the same reason.
A fine is tax you pay for doing wrong. A tax is fine you pay for doing well.
Second place makes you first loser.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#4  Unread postPosted: September 13th, 2016, 10:01 am

Site supporter

Topic author

Total Posts: 151
Active Topics: 8

Total Images: 0
Local time: June 25th, 2018, 10:40 am
My Bike Models: '78 GL1000 trike in build

Profile Personal album

Dan, we have a booster for the wifi, we get a good strong signal. Don't know about the pics, sorry, don't know what gallery is, I just load 1 pic at a time in its place in the text normally straight out of my pic file. And yes, I may be getting drop out just at the right time to make a pigs of things.

As for my iPad settings I have no probs with NGW on iPad or laptop. Their site is similar to yours but they have recently had an update and pic loading is now really slick.
Thank you both for your help.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#5  Unread postPosted: September 13th, 2016, 2:01 pm

Site supporter

Total Posts: 8791
Active Topics: 141

Total Images: 1063
Local time: June 25th, 2018, 7:40 pm
My Bike Models: 1981 GL1100 Vetter "Rats Nest"
1987 CBR1000f Naked "The Pig"
1991 CBR1000f "Red"
1998 GL1500c "Val"

Profile Personal album

My YouTube Channel
I only use the iPad on this site and encounter similar problems to you with picture orientation, loading and log outs. If I have a lot of text in a new post I will submit it and then edit it with the additional text, photos etc. That way your hard earned typing doesn't need to be repeated. A lot of my iPad issues seem to be related to running low on RAM, so close down as many apps and pages that you are not currently using and try that. My current weird one is asking me to log into the site while it shows me as a user online. :doh:
The rotation or orientation of the photos seems to be an apple thing as it does it on both the iPad and iPhone. If you rotate it when in the labelling mode it will display correctly when opened from the gallery link even though it may still have the same orientation when it's a thumbnail. :head bang:

Print view |
LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >   It is currently June 25th, 2018, 1:40 am