• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

82' GL1100 Standard for Sale - Slug is on the Market

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I have an offer on the bike, but the buyer only wants the GL1100 Standard without the bags, trunk, radio or towing package. He made an offer that considers those items if I remove them (and keep them) and I will include my rebuilt starter and my 1100 Standard seat (that needs to be recovered) in the deal.

I would still have to sell all of those items afterward. Anyone need a GL1100 Standard towing package? (With radio, quick release side bags and trunk)? :headscratch: :read:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=218718#p218718:2nbvkvf6 said:
mcgovern61 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:15 pm[/url]":2nbvkvf6]
Interesting. I have an offer on the bike, but the buyer only wants the GL1100 Standard without the bags, trunk, radio or towing package. He made an offer that considers those items if I remove them (and keep them) and I will include my rebuilt starter and my 1100 Standard seat (that needs to be recovered) in the deal.

I would still have to sell all of those items afterward. Anyone need a GL1100 Standard towing package? (With radio, quick release side bags and trunk)? :headscratch: :read:
What a roller coaster ride! This guy waited until the last minute and backed out of the deal just as the time ran out and another offer was in play. Lost both! :head bang:

Relisted the bike and after 20 days (and 4 low ball offers), some nitwit hit the "BUY IT NOW" button for a full price sale Saturday a week ago. Well, the buyer must have hit the button by accident while scrolling looking at bikes because they never paid or replied to multiple messages from me and Ebay. But, because they committed to purchase, I had to wait another 5 days for the conflict resolution process to complete before relisting the bike, otherwise I would have had to pay the selling fee to Ebay.

Back in 2017 when we sold the '81 1100 Standard, she was only listed for 7 days, sold full price and delivered her in a week. Oh how times are changing.

Anyway, she is relisted. If anyone on this site has an interest in the bike, I will throw in the Tag A Long trailer for no extra charge. Just click the "BUY IT NOW" button and send a message you are from the site.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324280412913

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=219405#p219405:223vxi1l said:
brianinpa » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:24 am[/url]":223vxi1l]
It's a sign Gerry... You are not meant to sell the Slug! :mrgreen:
Right!! (I wish that were true.)

The current listing ends on October 1. I am hoping for a good outcome. I do have a buyer in Mexico, but wants to wait under the Covid pandemic is over to either deliver or come get it (as if we could even remotely determine when that could be).

Interesting caveat. I have been getting anesthetic injections in 6 facet joints that have removed all pain. If the second set of injections works the same, they will "oblate" the nerves at the facet joints. That will not fix my blown vertebrae issue, but at least I will be able to stand up straight without pain!

No buyers. :swoon: :head bang: :help:

I knew this would be too late in the season. Around here, spring and early summer gets the sales going, but I lost that time to Covid 19. (Darn Covid!) :cheeky:

Looks like she will winter here in my garage in New Jersey until next spring (unless one you folks knows someone who is looking.) :fiddle:

Latest posts