• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED 1976 GL1000 Carbs 758a bodies

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viragocafe

Reaction score
I am looking for a decent set of carbs for a 1976 GL1000 with 758a carb bodies. I had planned to restore them completely, so the condition isn't crucial but I do not want anything so bad where the metal itself is rotting away. The current set I just took off the bike is rotting away, the towers that hold the jets are not all the same length, one is extremely rounded wher I am uncertain the jet O ring will seal completely. There are broken float posts or should I say dissolved posts. I am not sure what type of carb cleaner has been ran thru this bike or allowed to just sit and eat away at the carbs internal parts. But the zinc & aluminum pot metal these bodies are cast from is not as durable as the plenum or caps / bowls are. So I am looking for a better preserved set of carbs or even just the bodies in good condition when it comes to the integrity of the metal. I've see some stuff on eBay for $100-200 but they are extremely rough. So I thought I'd come to the forum and see if there are any fellow enthusiasts who might have a better option for my money. I found a set for the GL500 from a forum member that he rebuilt and delivered to us for $200 that were beautiful, he clearly puts a lot of time and effort into what he does. Unfortunately I can't find his email address. I found out the hard way that Windows 10 email program does not save emails you store in the folders you create. It purges everything overtime without notification. So any business contacts I had stored emails from, but not messaged in the last couple years is no longer being stored in my saved folders. Which is completely bass ackwards if you ask me, but that is not either here nor there. So I am reaching out :beg: to see if there is any one, local maybe? With a set of 758a carbs they would like to sell for a fair price or even possibly trade? Not sure what the shipping cost would be? But I would be willing to pay for the right set, I would also prefer to rebuild them myself, not only to save money but to know exactly what went into the carbs. That way if they won't sync there is nobody but myself to blame for following the Clymer manual and mixing up the primary and secondary air jets. :head bang:

If interested in any trades, I have a 1981 GL1100 that we are stripping down for a cafe racer build, if anyone is looking for any GL1100 parts and has the carbs I need I am open to trades or selling out right to raise money for this build. I am located in Everett, Washington, 98204. You can email me at [email protected]. Here are photos of the 1981 GL1100. We are basically just using the frame, motor, fake tank, side covers, and maybe the front and rear fenders after being cut down some.

:thanks: Thanks for viewing!

I may be able to help. I have a 758A carb assembly which purportedly has been rebuilt and just needs to be synced. I also have a box of disassembled parts which looks pretty complete but hard to say without an expert eye or going through and doing a partial reassembly. What I know about these parts: I bought a 76 earlier this year with extra boxes of stuff. Seller told me it had come to him via a third party from an amateur restorer/collector’s estate. Said the bike is running model year 77 carbs and included the original carbs as well. I’d be willing to sell all or parts for a reasonably agreed upon price. I’m in Portland so I’d be more comfortable with you coming down rather than trying to ship.

Attachments

• 62B02EFE-269E-4A4A-9729-B2839146456A.jpeg
    62B02EFE-269E-4A4A-9729-B2839146456A.jpeg
    25 KB · Views: 108
  • A684FE65-9913-460E-AA7D-48135F2DF70F.jpeg
    A684FE65-9913-460E-AA7D-48135F2DF70F.jpeg
    25 KB · Views: 109
  • FAFFD1A3-3555-4A99-9177-6B443E942C55.jpeg
    FAFFD1A3-3555-4A99-9177-6B443E942C55.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 105
Here’s a picture of the assembly. Don’t know I got the same posted twice to the earlier message

Attachments

• 6C01D262-FBFB-4920-9AE3-D9917D9CB0DE.jpeg
    6C01D262-FBFB-4920-9AE3-D9917D9CB0DE.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 103
The body off the 1981 maroon GL1100 has been sold.
Just the complete front end including the ignition with key is still available for trade if anyone has some 758a carb bodies for cylinder 1, 2, & 4 (the handle bar switch / controls not included).

Latest posts