DFT foat bowl venting

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Joe. I will check out if the secondary butterfly on mine can be adjusted open slightly...seems to me that it can.

As far as the vent blocking plunger goes...here is a thought...why not just unscrew the solenoid and take out the spring that pushes the plunger up. Then the plunger can just stay in there but without the spring it will be just sitting down. That way I don't have to take the top of the carb off. :yes:

OK so I just went out to the garage and unscrew the solenoid (5/8" wrench). There is no spring. The stem of the plunger is hanging down and you can push it up about 1/4" but, as it is, it will is hanging down...not blocking the vent. So maybe when they block the passage to the charcoal canister they also remove the spring so this whole vent switching deal is disabled.

Yes the little things on this carb can be a mess of junk parts ..the first solenoid shut off deals were rubber like plug ...I guess when alcohol fuel came in ...they went with a metal deal that just didn’t stop flow period.......I’d say it’s best to tear the carb apart and get to know it ... :builder: :mrgreen:

Latest posts