"the Possum Motorcycle Gathering" This April

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pidjones

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the vintage MC club guys is organizing this. He has interest all the way to New Mexico and a couple vintage bike magazines, too.
The Possum B.jpg

Giving this one a bump. I saw this when Jones posted it, and was HOPING that my knee would be good 'nuff to allow me to ride by then, but I'm still not strong enough to be safe doin' so... so PLEASE... some'ya take a ride to Sevierville, take lots of pix, and post great stories so I can enjoy vicariously!!!

Thanks for the bump, Dave! Get that leg back 100% We'll miss not having you, but it will still be a large time! I'll go over Thursday afternoon to help Patrick with setup, then have the Hunley there Friday and Saturday. Our vintage group has been asked to judge, so I might have one of the classes (not one Hunley is in).

Day 2 of the Gathering of Possums is in the books. For those that may wonder how the name came to be, there is a prestigious vintage motorcycle show in California with linen table cloths, wine and cheese, etc. for the elite collectors. I believe it is called "the Quail". Well, ours was in a fair grounds with a moonshine distillery on the other side of the river that flows by. We had camping and a barbecue vendor for food. Tennessee is a bit less elite, but we had fun!

Day 2 photos are here: https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/9r ... 9MkPY73p5i

Only thing I like more than seeing antique machines on display... is antique machines in action! Museums are cool, but I'm a sucker for a steam threshing show, an antique motorcycle 'race' (even if they're just riding around and blipping the throttle) and crazy contraptions burping, brapping, belching their way around. Dirty clothes, the sound of backfires and clattering valves, burning oil, rattling fenders, a cold drink and the smell of a hog-roaster at work on a warm summer day draws me in.

Latest posts