Trixie went single today

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still trying to get my ol' wing to run/idle with the 34-3 carb, so I am still reading everything I can about how other folks got their's dialed in. My plugs are black, and it pops back through the carb with the air filter off. Idle is about 1500-1800 (which is not an idle).

Rob, could you update us (me) on what has happened since you got your SCC actually running in 2017? Are you still riding the bike? Is it still running the 34-3 carb and what jets did you end up with? What were the major break-throughs to improved performance?

Any suggestions / recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bud... :thanks:

Sorry for not replying sooner, Trixie has been sitting for a couple of years now due to my buying and rebuilding a 2005 wrecked Goldwing. I need to play with the jetting on the single carb, not sure if it will need bigger or smaller jets but she doesn't run quite right, not a lot of power yet. I do plan on getting back onto this project when I get my garage back in working order. I will update when I do, but it will be a while.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Hmmmm I'm not a I barrel carb guy ..ok with it running to rich at idle ....and off idle rpm ..that's basically 75% of all the riding time ...so obviously you not needing the choke ..even a open choke blocks air ..I had this problem on my 2 barrel set up..I got rid of the chokes plates my carb had 2 ...just that made a difference ...in the idle some and it will definitly help at high rpm get more air ..I'd start there first ...if your carb has the hole and plug set up on the throttle plate that a adjustment also ...if I was rich after dechoking I would have throttle plate open also ...your bike not idling cause of no gas it's getting plenty ..and being drowned by gas....sometimes a carb just to big after the idle jet to produce good charge .. I had this problem to ..I eventually created my own idle Circuit ....in caveman type way ...it's not easy to make a car carb work lol ...but on my bike it runs like FI set up on steroids ..most people or set ups I've seen with VW carb get lousey MPG why thete not dial in good ...it's the same with Weber set ups also fee ate dialed in nice ..good luck sir

The cable doohicky is empi 00-3171-0 and if you're not running a 35 or 40 idle jet,get one of them.if you find a 35,let me know please.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

I would like to update that the 40 idle jet worked magic, but I haven't got it running again. The fuel pump quit last time I messes with the carb so I don't know if I made any improvement or not. Soldered the 60 jet I had and drilled it out with with my Harbor Freight Micro Drills. Put it all back together and no gas from fuel pump. The new (used) fuel pump is on the workbench.

Since then I ordered a couple of idle jets (35 and 40) from Singapore and got them yesterday. I am still waiting on the 40 jet I ordered from JBugs 3 weeks ago. I think their Customer Service is not working.

So, today I change the fuel pump and put in the 40 jet and see what I got will update later.

Bud...

I would like to update that the 40 idle jet worked magic, but I haven't got it running again. The fuel pump quit last time I messes with the carb so I don't know if I made any improvement or not. Soldered the 60 jet I had and drilled it out with with my Harbor Freight Micro Drills. Put it all back together and no gas from fuel pump. The new (used) fuel pump is on the workbench.

Since then I ordered a couple of idle jets (35 and 40) from Singapore and got them yesterday. I am still waiting on the 40 jet I ordered from JBugs 3 weeks ago. I think their Customer Service is not working.

So, today I change the fuel pump and put in the 40 jet and see what I got will update later.

Bud...
Still doing research on this one carb issue and came across this thread, what I have so far is I kept the 127.5 main jet because it runs fine at highway speeds, now for the start off, I used a 60 jet and I too took my HF mini drill set and drilled it out bigger to maybe a 70 or 75, I saw another posting where this bored his jet to an 80 and it runs fine, so I am working that direction to fix the start off cutbacks since its in the idle jet operation area, it idles fine but will test this out once it warms up here in Va around 2nd or 3rd of Nov to at least 70 degrees

Bud..

Latest posts