WARNING sticker -- need a reference photo

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Write2Paul90277

Reaction score
Hello folks.

I own not one but two 1984 GL1200 STANDARD Models (aka Naked Wings). One is a California version and the other is a 49-state bike. Over the past year I have restored them 99% to stock, original condition. Now I'm down to details like getting the correct DECALS that are fitted to the frame.

I found a place that will reproduce these decals/stickers, provided I can supply them with the layouts of the exact text.

Can someone take a photo of the specification sticker that appears on the lower right frame rail, down by the right side rider footpeg?

I am attaching a photo of my partially destroyed sticker for reference.

Thanks much,

Paul

Attachments

• GL1200 frame label R. Side 5.JPG
    GL1200 frame label R. Side 5.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_4215.JPG
    IMG_4215.JPG
    242.7 KB · Views: 130
Is the sticker unique to the '84 or is an '86 the same? It doesn't state a year, but it does state an engine family. Is the '84 engine a unique family?

Reason I ask, is the one on mine is in such a position that there are things in the way and it seems it's higher on the rail. Makes it look like I'd have to take a couple of photos to get all of it. Not sure I can get the top part, brake lever seems to be in the way.

Would multiple pics work?

Hi.

The engine family is the same from 84 to 87. Since part of my sticker is missing, I just need to know what the words are so I can create a reproduction sticker. Multiple photos will work fine, just so long as I can see the words in the first few lines of the sticker. Some of the numbers may be slightly different, but I can use my service manual to double check the values.

Thanks for the willingness to try!

Well I got around to pics, the one below is the best (I think). There are others in my gallery if you want to look.

If you click on the image you can get the full size.

The label shows the engine family and the very bottom shows the year. I hope this helps.

Dan the 91 RON is equal to Pump octane of 86, per manual.

THANKS julimike54!

This is exactly what i need in order to make my replica sticker.

Ride safe,

Paul