1200 clutch master sight glass replacement

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joep

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay starting new post as promised.. expect the glass to come in next week.. it is glass and not plastic.. and they supply new allen head screws to replace the Philips head ones.. after I do this one.. I may order another one for the brake.. the clutch is the one giving me fits right now... someone posted a repair blog and suggested it can be done on the bike.. after removing MOST of the fluid from the reservoir... not sure.. as I tried gorilla glue clear.on mine... May remove it and paint it to make it look nicer...

New river has the kit for most bikes with the sight glass.. watch crystal will be nearly as much.. and they supply new cap screws.. allen wrench heads.. and price is shipped.. I know others have used the watch crystals... and I am not sure where to find the watch crystals abd this is flat .. not domed..

Joe,do you have a link for new river?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay update... kit arrived today... small envelope holding sight glass, instruction sheet and 2 allen head screws for the cover.. instructions do say can be done on the bike... but need time to install and 24 hours cure time for sealant... so may be few days until wife gets back with cage after visiting momma in New Hampshire...

Not much to look at but I think it is worth the money and time...

Attachments

• sight glass repair kit.png
    sight glass repair kit.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 211
I have done several master cylinder jobs with just simple watch crystal glass, JB Weld. You can get just the glass from Ebay pretty cheap.
They were on a Yamaha Venture but the size is pretty uniform with other bikes, don't remember what size though. I leave out the metal shield inside that makes it look like a slot. I think three pieces of glass cost less than $10 or so.

Latest posts