1200 Front Fork Cap

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rednaxs60

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for info on the 1200 front fork cap P/N 51455-MG9-771. Are the caps from a 1500 P/N 51455-MN5-003 the same fit; are these interchangeable? Ask because both are 41 mm.

If you are a member of goldwingdocs.com you can find a DIY on"how to rebuild your front forks on a GL1500". The pictures show the positioning of the forks at the top of the triple tee so that a measurement is not necessary. I hope this helps. Not sure where you are going with the different caps to offer an opinion. Would need more info because forks are interchangeable.

If you are a member of goldwingdocs.com you can find a DIY on"how to rebuild your front forks on a GL1500". The pictures show the positioning of the forks at the top of the triple tee so that a measurement is not necessary. I hope this helps. Not sure where you are going with the different caps to offer an opinion. Would need more info because forks are interchangeable.
Very familiar with rebuilding and maintaining the front forks. The issue is upgrading the front suspension. Andreani suspension has a cartridge system for the front forks of the 1500. This system has preload, and external rebound and compression damping adjustments.

So the requirement here is to know the length of the 1500 front fork compared to the 1200, and whether the fork bolt for the 1500 will fit the 1200. This will give me an indication if the Andreani fork cartridges for the 1500 will fit a 1200.