1971 CB 175 no title, $250. Should I?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck c

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another title can be had for about $200. I'd like to see this rescued! It looks like it's in pretty good shape. I know bikes this size aren't worth a lot but it deserves to live! What say you?

Attachments

• 71 cb175.png
    71 cb175.png
    526.2 KB · Views: 92
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=197061#p197061:jzhauxel said:
slabghost » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:41 pm[/url]":jzhauxel]
Nice little bike. Maybe you can get a title?

Yes, I've looked into it. There's the official method in PA which requires a court appearance and takes months. There's also the method everyone really uses. Nevada and I think Connecticut will let out-of-staters apply for a new title for a fee. They will run the VIN to make sure it's not stolen and if clear will issue a born again title. You can then use that to register in your home state. Fee runs $200-250 last time I looked.

I really wanted to, but I did not bring it home. He even dropped the price to $150! I even risked a few hundred $ in tickets to drive my unregistered truck to get it! The pictures didn't show the real condition. It was very, very rough. No lights. All the chrome was rusted. BUT it did fire right up and sounded like the engine was pretty good. As he said if you had the land to play on you could throw a couple old tires and a battery on it and have fun. IMHO the bike is beyond restoration but would be good for parts or to yank the engine to put on something else. It's just too far from roadworthy for me.

I told him I'd post his info if anyone here is interested. Contact Damian Loris 267-261-9611 in Perkiomenville PA