• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1979 GL1000 Parts for Sale

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krakum1967

Reaction score
With the recent issues with my 79 GL1000, I have decided to part it out and sell it to others that may need repair or restoration parts. All items on the bike are for sale at this point. I have sold the front tire (still have the comstar rim) and I have someone interested in the front fork assembly, but all of the rest is still up for sale. I have the complete Vetter line of bags (top box and side bags with the mounting frame). I also have a set of Bates classic hard saddle bags. If you are interested inthe fairing, I prefer local pickups on that. I have shipped them ion the past and they all seem to get busted up by the shippers. I will likely sell the motor for scrap once I tear it down, but I will be pulling all the covers and the like. The valves and heads are still good, but the bulk of the motor is going or scrap. Let me know what you need I likely have it! Oh I have the manifold for sale too. I also use very basic pricing, I try to average 20 bucks a part. Smaller items like cables, connectors, or fastener sets go for 10.00 dollars. Larger parts like Fairing's, seats, saddle bags, etc..got for 50 bucks. Everything in between goes for 20. Buyer is responsible for shipping.

can you post a picture of the bags and trunk please I might be interested in these although me picking up would be nearly impossible so shipping could be an issue.. I don't need the fairing as I already have 3 of them lol

Bags usually ship well, its the fairings that disturb me, I have had them shake apart in shipping and just be like fiber shaped dust by the time the customer receives it. Yea, not fun. I pretty much write off fairings as target practice or herb garden type flower pots.

I have some pics of them mounted, and I have them off the bike already Blue on black with pinstriping. Comes with the tall passenger backrest, I will include a speaker/arm rest mount with the set as well, they are the removable ones that have the key, the locks work. One bag does have a small crack in the ABS on the back of the bag out of sight, but I can fill it with Kitty Hair bondo to seal it up. I would like in the 250 range, they are in very good shape, I think it will be roughly 75 to ship them, I can UPS box them up and insure them. But lets talk it out. That way we don't lose out. What do you think. Top Box easily hold two full size (large) full face helmets. As a test, I hauled 4 gallons of water in each saddle bag plus 8 gallons in the top box, and had room to pack softer packages. It can really hold a lot, (the set). Oh on one side bag door, the door could use some touch up on the clear coat, me being picky, but I can spot a dull spot from a block away.

Attachments

• IMG_20140510_121640[1].jpg
    IMG_20140510_121640[1].jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20140513_204458[1].jpg
    IMG_20140513_204458[1].jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 160
Sounds like you don't take the 20lb load rating too seriously just like me :smilie_happy:

At weightlifter, I have not removed any of that. But if you want it its yours (the 7 volt regulator), I think mine is on the side under the left "tank" cover. I can snap a pic if you want, lets call this one $15.00 shipping included? Let me know.

By the way, the guy who spoke for the forks and trees has not got back to be, they are back onthe block, I just serviced the forks and swapped the fluid.

So far the only items really spoken for are the mirrors, battery, the front tire, and bags. I will likely have to sell the fairing locally, they just do not ship well. Everything else is still here and on the bike, my son and I will start tear doiwns tomorrow, but if you need anything PM me, and we can get to it right away.

Oh, brake pads have less than 200 miles on them, same with the rear tire, its a Kenda Challenger 6 ply. I will pull and sell that for 60 shipping included. Its a good tire.

ANd if you want to play with the single carb manifold, (I would go with a 2 barrel adaptor and the weber) or if you use a pict 34, get the solex, They also make an adaptor to allow the 30 to be mounted an a 34 manifold. Anyway, the manifold will go for 100 obo. I have the carb spoken for.

@ weightlifter, I checked on another forum, the 7 volt regulator does not appear to cross over to the 82, the article says its a connector issue, so if you got it, I cannot verify it will work on your model. I still have it, and my gauges function perfectly. But I do not think its a direct swap.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=121556#p121556:2xq79zl4 said:
krakum1967 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:01 am[/url]":2xq79zl4]
@ weightlifter, I checked on another forum, the 7 volt regulator does not appear to cross over to the 82, the article says its a connector issue, so if you got it, I cannot verify it will work on your model. I still have it, and my gauges function perfectly. But I do not think its a direct swap.

You can get a solid state 7volt regulator from an electronics store and do the job for only a few bucks, providing you can solder :yes: