• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale 1980 GL1100i FREE

Help Support ClassicGoldWings:

Dave_J

CGW Supporter
Reaction score
South of Seattle WA area, local pickup, bring trailer or ramps. I am not in a hurry to give it away but would love to have my storage shed space back.

Have title.

I have a 1980 GL1100 that I can not fix due to my health. Missing the forks. Dead battery. Has a lot of other good Farkels.
New timing belts and radiator hoses.
Vetter Windjammer IV with lowers. New windshield too.
Engine Crash bars.
Dyna coils.
Full set of Hondaline top and side cases.
Chrome rear lower light bar.
Aftermarket King/Queen seat.
Some loose extra parts, Speedo, radiator/fan.

Ran great till I slow speed crashed it in 2009, bent the forks and busted the windshield with my body. Been in my storage shed since.

Pictures are in the Archived post here:
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=13942

Dave_J

CGW Supporter
Reaction score
The CRASH was at about 15 MPH or less and the forks were very slightly bent. I did break my left shoulder and collar bone in the crash but I rode it home 15 miles.

Dave_J

CGW Supporter
Reaction score
Someone near the Seattle WA area must have room for this bike. My wife and I would like the space back.
No silly offers, Come and get it for your time.

I have the Washington state title. So in plain words.... FREE

FREE, bring a trailer or some help to load. I do have a set of forks that are from another bike that we can use to roll it out to the driveway.

For a quick location, put this location in your GPS:

47°18'17.4"N 122°06'54.7"W

Or
47.304831 -122.115228

Last edited:

Dave_J

CGW Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my choices if this does not get taken. For my local scrap yard I have to use a Sawsall to cut the frame up small and NO VIN. The engine I must take apart to separate the steel from aluminum. All plastics have to be cut up small to fit my small trash can.

Sadly, it will be gone come spring one way or another.

Ansimp

CGW Supporter
Reaction score
I would love to take you up on your generous offer but unfortunately I am a little far out of your area.🙁

johnny42

Reaction score
Any chance a local school might want it for their automotive tech classes?

LittleGoldy

Reaction score
OK FREE is good. Dang, it'll take me a week to drive from the east coast and back........lemme check my Vacation calendar.

Dave_J

CGW Supporter
Reaction score
I am not in a big hurry to get this bike gone. Spring time is when I'll be able to really pack it out. It could be moved anytime but in a few month snow may block it in.

Not sure its worth driving across country to get unless you are coming to Seattle anyway. Drained of all fluids it could fit in a SUV laying down.

I can take more pictures if anyone needs some.

Dracon

Reaction score
I'd buy the driver and passenger foot pegs off it if you'd be willing to sell them. I need a set for one I'm rebuilding, but ebay prices are crazy... I'm in zip code 37174, let me know if that's a possibility. Thanks, Nathaniel

Dave_J

CGW Supporter
Reaction score
Dracon, If I start stripping and selling parts It then becomes a hard sell later. Sorry.
Maybe closer to mid Spring if no one wants a project for summer riding I'd start stripping it down for parts. All the chrome parts will not go to scrap yard and the Honda Line saddle bags and top box also will not be scrapped.

Years ago I bought the 2 front forks from a member on here, sent them out to be rebuilt and the guy decided to retire a month later and scrapped 100's of parts from others.

If nothing else, I'll scrap the frame and use the engine in a Reverse trike with the engine in the rear and driving a flipped over Subaru rear diff and halfshafts driving the two front wheels.

Latest posts