• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1984 GL1200 Interstate For Sale

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussL

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am listing this for a good friend of mine… The bike is located in Arlington Heights, Ill… This is a NW suburb of Chicago…
The bike is from Canada and will be licensed as a salvage titled bike… Motor and tranny in very good condition. The bike was in a slight accident with a crack in the faring and the handlebars are bent down on the right side… Good tires and with a bit of straightening on the handlebars and a set of mirrors and ride it home… Canadian title in hand but the bike was not imported but ridden across the border… The damage to the faring is not to bad and should be an easy fix… Would be an excellent parts bike or just apply for a salvage title…Police report available on accident… Photo link below…

https://s162.photobucket.com/user/bodase ... interstate

$500.00 US obo… If interested,,, PM me with your number and will call you back…

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=171542#p171542:1qf4kh0e said:
mcgovern61 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:12 pm[/url]":1qf4kh0e]
I sure wish I was local!! That is a great buy!! :yes:

I'm glad I'm not! She who must not be obeyed is already complaining about not being able to park her car in my garage. :hihihi:

I feel your pain :whistling:eek:nly have four, they all run, :headscratch: almost enough parts for another, :hihihi: two cars, all the regular stuff, & my shop equipment. :doh: Hard to turn around :smilie_happy:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=171547#p171547:1dryoepg said:
brianinpa » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:54 pm[/url]":1dryoepg]
I tell her I don't ask to park my bikes in her house, she should not ask to park her car in my garage... she should just be happy I let her
Agreed! Garage is for cars that need fixed. Or everything else we want in there. My garage hasn't seen a car in it for over 10 years. Carport is for the car once in a while. :BigGrin: :beer:

Have not parked any bike's in THIS HOUSE. :nea: Having said this, as long as she has she has enough space for her car, she TRIES to be pleasant about the lack of space in the garage. :roll: After all many of the same tool's fix her car, :hihihi: which always seems to work, or is fixed as soon as i can get it done. :heat:

I am taking it off the market... I am going to drive to Chicago and bring the bike back to Florida... Going to need a set of Handlebars for sure... I am going to fix it up and keep it as a spare and a second bike...

I just noticed your post.

So did you pick it up yet?

I'm in the market for another 84 Interstate/Aspencade to turn into a trike. I have one (basket case), but it is too far gone to economically restore as a trike. However, most of the parts are there and I could be persuaded to include some as part of a purchase price

I live in Central Illinois.

Tom

Sorry Tom... I just got back from a round robin trip from Ft Myers to NW Chicago and back home... I put fresh gas in it after sitting for 2 years and it fired right up... Can't wait to get a set of handlebars and front brake lever so I can ride it...

Your gain, my loss!!

I'll keep lurking and looking. I have a lead on another 84 Interstate. I talked to the seller "it runs good, just needs to be jump-started and smokes a lot when first started." The license is not current, he bought it a couple years ago to restore but doesn't have the time and money.

I'd pursue it further, but we're leaving in the morning for a week in Vegas to see our new grandson. If it's still around after we get back, I'll take a look at it then.

Time is on my side, as the song says.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=172931#p172931:1vtzb1ai said:
PurpleGL1200I » Fri May 06, 2016 9:36 pm[/url]":1vtzb1ai]
Your gain, my loss!!

I'll keep lurking and looking. I have a lead on another 84 Interstate. I talked to the seller "it runs good, just needs to be jump-started and smokes a lot when first started." The license is not current, he bought it a couple years ago to restore but doesn't have the time and money.

I'd pursue it further, but we're leaving in the morning for a week in Vegas to see our new grandson. If it's still around after we get back, I'll take a look at it then.

Time is on my side, as the song says.

Smoking at start up could be high miles (not likely) or stuck piston rings ( likely) or valve seals ( very likely) or oil in the fuel ( very possible) or some combination of the above. That is if the smoke is blue. If it's white and smells sweet you very likely need head gaskets. After 30+ years the gaskets do fail and seals do harden and leak. Not a deal breaker in any case if the price is right.

I have a good 1984 engine, so the smoky engine part doesn't bother me but it's a good bargaining point when dickering over the price.

We will see what happens after I get back from Vegas.

Tom