1985 LTD Questions!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRepoGuy

Reaction score
Hey folks - calling on someone else who’s familiar with the LTD since it’s far from my cup of tea! I have a friend who’s got one that dropped a question on me I have no answer for.

The front pickup coil that sits below the crank gear is the problem child. Where does that one plug into on the bike?

Second - there’s a four way valve or something that sits to the right (front) of the fuel pump. Anyone have a clue what it goes to? I don’t have pictures at the moment to show what it is but will this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ns sensor on the crank:
Old Crank Pulse Sensor.jpg
connects under the handlebars:
Connector placement.jpg
Not easy to get at. If you have to replace, use the PG sensor harness from an '85 Aspy. It has two sensors that can be mounted:
New Ns Sensors Installed 2.jpg
Once this is installed, you remove the wires from the four pin connector, and the wires from the original 2 pin connector. Choose whichever sensor you want to use, top or bottom sensor, then connect the wires for that sensor in the original 2 pin connector, reconnect and start engine. The old sensor wires are yellow and white, just match them to suit:
Old Ns Sensor Wires.jpg

The only valve I know of that is in front of the fuel pump is the IAC Valve:
Idle Air Control Valve.JPG
This valve provides additional air on start and during engine operation. The reed valves underneath the air chamber draw air into the piping through this valve:
Air Chamber Underside 2.jpg
Hope this helps