1985 LTD Side Stand Interlock and Indicator Light Circuit

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: side stand interlock and indicator system is working well. I have noticed that the bike can be in a grey area when going into neutral and the neutral light is not on. Decided to see what would happen when I put the side stand in the down position. Did this and the bike quit. Put the side stand up, pulled in the clutch and started the bike again. From now on I have to ensure the bike is in neutral with the neutral light on before the side stand is put down.

Cheers

Stopped at a small restaurant for coffee yesterday and there was a BMW 1600 parked there. I had a quick look at the kickstand and noticed that the kickstand switch is similar to that on the 1800. I imagine that BMW does what Honda does for certain parts, make the design and source the parts. Can't be too many manufacturers of this side stand switch. To keep this short, I would think with some investigation that the 1600 BMW side stand switch may work just as well.

Cheers

Latest posts