2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It certainly is a fun looking bike! Reminds me of my first bike, also a 400cc single cylinder. It was an '81 Suzuki GN400 and that bike averaged 72 miles per gallon. Fun around town and a downright work horse. But couldn't do any faster than 68 MPH on the highway.

1981 GN400-2.jpg

1982_GN400E_black_530.jpg

RyanF9 of Fortnine fame did a video on:

"Vintage CB360T vs Modern CB300R – Motorcycle Evolution Test"​

It was to compare Grampa's vintage bike against Grandson's modern CB300R. Interesting video and his thoughts on who got it right. The answer to this question surprised me, but Grampa got it right.

Be interesting to see how many of the newer bikes last as long as the vintage bikes. Won't be here to see the results, but there is something to say for the quality of these vintage bikes. The best part is the vintage bikes are still fun to ride.

Neighbor got his new Himalayan four days ago and rode it to bike night at the Time Warp Tea Room with me last night. He said that the two slowest bikes he's owned have been the most fun. It attracted a lot of interest.

Started planning our trip to Tuktoyaktuk for next year. Think I mentioned this in my bike log.

We have two dates that are a must keep, 21 June for the solstice, and 5 July return for Sonya's doctor's appointment - can't move. So everything before 21 June is good and we have 14 days to get home.

Have sorted out the car/bike communications. Two ways to achieve this. Wireless though a walkie talkie or gps phone. The other way is with an SM10 Bluetooth Stereo Intercom - have one of these. Took a while to find all the information, not a lot out there regarding car/motorcycle communication that I could find. Here's a YouTube video regarding a Bluetooth solution:

Tire selection has been narrowed down to the Motoz Tractionator Adventure GPS, or the Heidenau K60 Scout. Both will do the trip.

Next issue I'm contemplating is using an action camera. Have been browsing the various forums including this one. The GoPro is the all singing, all dancing go to unit(s), but there are a lot of offshore units that are recieving good reviews such as the Akaso series.

Don't think I'll get into blogging, but it would be nice to document our trip(s). Even riding the off road trails of this island would be good to do.

Having mentioned this, anyone have experience with the Akaso action cameras? GoPro is not in the budget.

Latest posts