7500 mile 83 interstate $300!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerryb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup you read that right, 7500 miles. Story is an old guy owned it and only road to the local store for breakfast and coffee. Has all the bells and whistles available when new.
Now the bad news...it's been sitting out in Florida for a long time. However, it does come with an '82 parts bike (no title) also extensive weathering.
Here's the link https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... =undefined
I went to see these bikes today thinking I might bring 'em home, but came to my senses realizing this was too big an undertaking for my current situation. You know; parts everywhere getting stripped and refurbished...a time consuming process at best.
Anyone near Interlachen Florida who wants a great project? Warning: these are located at the end of a mile of loose sand road that really tested my riding ability (no, I didn't grow up with dirt bikes) as I was on a fully dressed wing. Good news, I didn't lose it.

So how was your day?

Ah yes, Florida sugar sand. Miserable stuff to ride in. My first-to-be wife lived far off the main road in Central Florida (Ocala National Forest!). Had to navigate a mile of that stuff to go see her. I learned that you can't fight it. You just have to let the bike do what it wants to do.

Her I couldn't fight either. Had to let her do the same as the bike... And we divorced after 22 years. What took me so long?

Grew up in that stuff and all the bikes we rode was in the sugar sand occasionally we hit a orange tree oh my that would take you out for awhile greatest fun I've ever had and our bikes and chains were the shinyest things you ever seen like mirrors from the sand blasting..