78 Instrument Cluster ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbullet

Reaction score
The glass is cracked over the temp guage on my 78. Looks like someone dropped something on it. Is this hard to replace? Does one have to find a replacement instrument cluster? If so is it easy to take off? Can it be taken apart & just the glass replaced?

The bike isn't home yet so I haven't had a chance to get a closer look @ it. I don't even know if the guage still works. Will know when its running. All I know it looks like @#$%
Thanks!

silverbullet":3kttlefu said:
cyborg":3kttlefu said:
the glass is part of the gauge. but each gauge can be replace separatly
Thats good to know! Thank you!

i have extra gauges if you decide you need one. i even have the complete housing with the gauges

cyborg":es52ugqz said:
silverbullet":es52ugqz said:
cyborg":es52ugqz said:
the glass is part of the gauge. but each gauge can be replace separatly
Thats good to know! Thank you!

i have extra gauges if you decide you need one. i even have the complete housing with the gauges

Thanks! I'll keep it in my mind. I'm pretty sure I've found one. The fellow thats getting my bike running has a wealth of used 1000cc Goldwing parts. As I mentioned in another thread he has a 75 with over 700.000 miles on it & 3 completly restored 1000cc wings. I'm fortunate to have such a fellow in my neighborhood!

chasrogers":1ljgvpfe said:
why dont you try to get him to join us on the forum Lou
I don't know if he's an internet type of guy. I know he has an e-mail. I'll see if I can get it & send him the forum.

Latest posts