80-81 brake caliper pistons

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gc33

Reaction score
Sooo... I'm getting to the point of rebuilding/reconditioning my brake calipers. The rear one was completely seized up including the master cylinder. Front master cylinder seemed OK... Not seized like so was easy to pull apart and getting new kit for that.
However rear master cylinder.. Finding parts in Australia is proving a challenge along with the caliper pistons. By the time I purchase allow for exchange rate and plus government tax.. Gst.... I call it grab snatch and take... I'm up for well over $130aus....and that's not for stainless... So when I had my butcher shop I had some machining done for my sausage filler.. And it was a sensational job done. So I've approached them to make my brake pistons in stainless... Bazinga... As I'm only getting the 3 done they're costing me $90 to 100 each.. Seems like a lot but it's a win for me. If anyone else is interested let me know as they get cheaper the more we get done... Let ya know progress...
Now I've just got to source both front and rear seal kits for calipers and master cylinders. Plenty time for that.. But I'm open to suggestions to best products..
Also getting master cylinders stainless sleeved... :cool:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214029#p214029:2r13ccqx said:
Two85s » 32 minutes ago[/url]":2r13ccqx]
The seal kits should be available from Mother Honda
Yeah should be... Called our local Honda... Showing nothing in Australia...... The search continues.

Latest posts