• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

80 GL1100i Near Seattle WA FSBO

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_J

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 1980 GL1100i that I bought Oct 3rd, 2009 and hit a car at about 15 MPH on Oct 5th, yeah 3 days of riding. Anyway, I had all the parts to repair this till I sent the forks out to have rebuilt and the rebuilder stole mine and a few other peoples parts.

From the pic's you will see it has Hondaline bags, trunk and a Vetter fairing with new shield in the bag, I have the lower Vetter legging parts too. Many extra parts come with it. It has a light bar for the side bags, lots of chrome parts, new timing belts and rad hoses. Just no FORK's. I am letting this go cheap, IMHO. NO, I can not part it out and I do not need to just give it away or pay you to "Take it off my hands", lets be real. It is apart and not rideable. would need local pickup. $950 or reasonable offerPM me or use the email link. DaveJ

GL1100i.jpg

Top box and seat.jpg

Side bag.jpg

Chrome light bar.jpg

That sure is a nice bike. Why not just get some forks and fix it up? The guys here can walk you through most any issue you encounter with it.

I have nerve damage in my left arm and find it very hard to pull in a clutch in rush hours traffic. My commute is 45 min's to 1 hour each way in stop and stop traffic. My 08 Suzuki Burgman 650 is an automatic, left lever is for the rear brake but I use mostly the right lever for the front brake.

If I do keep this Wing, it will be the power plant for a 2F1R trike, then all the Hondaline stuff will be sold.

Pony Rez lives near me and had said he has some spare parts for me to fix it up, but I still would need to sell it.

Ok, lowest I can go is $700 and I am loosing about $700 in the deal but sometimes you must cut your losses. :sensored: :headscratch: I really DO NOT need the space or the cash but it is doing me no good to hold on to it. I figure let someone else enjoy an Oldwing. :thank_you:

Someone will be getting a nice deal for sure. My stable is overfull and too far away. If you decide to keep it maybe we can help you modify the clutch for easier use? Hydraulics may be an option.

Coming up on Biker season. Someone needs this bike.

I have taken all the plastics off and repainted them due to blisters and scratches. The Hondaline locks all work. I was converting the rear light bar to LED's.

Hi Dave!

I know the feeling..... I can't take if off your hands either. I'm trying to lighten my load as well. As you say sometime you need to cut your losses, remove some ballast and move on.

I sold a non running 77 recently. $400 was the point at which someone was interested.

Put together, running and looking good is still a tough sell (break even) imho.

A 75 - first year - another story.

Adios.

Bob, I had a 75 GL1000 naked in Stuttgart Germany for about 3 months back in 1980. Sold it to a Civilian worker on the base and he had it 1 year and hit a deer on the Autobahn. He survived but had to be totally rebuilt over 6 months. The deer and the GL1000 died at the scene.

Those forks you sold me were the ones stolen.

Ok, Bob got me thinking so how about $500? If I can not sell it, it will become the running gear for a reverse trike and I will then sell/scrap all the parts.

Pony Ruiz said it may be better to lower it enough for it to sell.

All the Hondaline plastics have been sanded, re-painted with RED Krylon Fusion plastic paint. Just needs wet sanding and clear coating. All locks work with same key.

Battery is DEAD.

Vetter fairing has new shield ( I went threw the old one) and the lower leg add ons that have not been cut for the crash bars.

Needs Forks.

$400

Yo Dave.

have you put it up on Craigslist Seattle yet?

might get more hits there.

Lowest i've seen recently - 79 for $850. "been sitting for threee.... years" https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/mcy/4462304687.html
it will never sell for that.

Who knows what people want. They certainly have a lot to choose from.

If I didn't already have 3 and looking to get rid of at least one - I'd be over.

you could always get another set of forks and include those in the deal (raise the price accordingly)
did a search on ebay and found these. https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-1980-GL11 ... 87&vxp=mtr
maybe no one will bid and you get them for cheap.

I still have the ones I told you about.

I am near you and I am in need of a parts bike for my 1100. How is the engine? Mine had a bit of a tap/knock in it and I am looking for a back up. Feel free to PM me and we can talk.

Sorry but I really can not let it go for $400. I can part it out for double that. Let me think about it and I will reply. Sorry.

And OldMopars, The engine ran good for the three days and 1000 miles I had it on the road. I did a 900 mile ride the first day I had it. Auburn to Everett to Spokane to Lewiston ID to Walla Walla then Yakima and back home, all in one 16 hour day. I have not had it running since the crash and the battery is dead and will not charge up.

And if you look at my Sig line below, I too am OldMopar. We also have a 68 Dart 270, 96 Dakota, 89 Jeep Cherooke with a 4.7 stroked 4.0, 91 Eagle Talon TSX and a 93 Plymouth Grand Voyager all between my son and I.

I have been out of area for a week.

Heres the deal. I just remember after looking, that I have a title but not in my name. I did not transfer it due to the accident. I bought it on Sat, rode it on the weekend and CRASHED it on Monday going to work. I had planned to transfer the title that day at lunch time. At the time, transferring the title was the least of my worries.

Latest posts