• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale 82 GL 1100 Interstate for sale

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Royal Boogie

Reaction score
I bought this bike from the original owner a couple years ago. It has 29,000 miles on it. It sat unused for 18 years. Before being garaged he put new tires on it and a new timing belt. It’s a beautiful looking machine.
I changed all of the fluids, rebuilt the front caliper and put on a new rotor and pads then bled it but it’s still a little spongy. I also bought a new rear rotor and pads but they are sitting here in a box for the new owner.
It needs a water pump since it’s leaking a little from the weep hole. I rode it about a mile recently and I believe the rear suspension needs some air (it’s a bit bouncy).
I starts quickly every time and purrs like a kitten. I spent $400 for a pro to come in to clean and polish it About a month ago but then my son talked me into selling it to make room in the garage (there are three other bikes in there).
Make me an offer you can afford, I’m not looking to rape anybody we just want to make room.
I’m in Wallkill, NY, 12589
845-750-0487

Attachments

• A57C6820-2F0E-41D4-A847-D4E487CE74ED.jpeg
    A57C6820-2F0E-41D4-A847-D4E487CE74ED.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 126
  • E7261443-05BA-4D65-90B5-A753C9EDD5A3.jpeg
    E7261443-05BA-4D65-90B5-A753C9EDD5A3.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 126
Put the truck outside. You can get at least 4-6 more bikes in there that way, lol!

Actually, I sold my '81 GL1100 but it's still in my garage waiting for the buyer to stop by and take it. I have been looking for a stock '82 GL1100 Interstate to replace it with. Yours looks very original and clean. Any idea what you want out of it, and how soon you have to move it?

Last edited:
Do you have the OE driver's backrest, or is this seat not slotted for one?

Put the truck outside. You can get at least 4-6 more bikes in there that way, lol!

Actually, I sold my '81 GL1100 but it's still in my garage waiting for the buyer to stop by and take it. I have been looking for a stock '82 GL1100 Interstate to replace it with. Yours looks very original and clean. Any idea what you want out of it, and how soon you have to move it?
Hi, Including the purchase price I have close to $3,000 in it. That said, like I mentioned, make an offer you can afford. Thankfully I’m doing okay financially so I don’t feel the need to get all my money back.
No slot for a backrest so what you see is what you get, the bike is pristine though.
I don’t need it out of the garage so I’m in no hurry to unload it so if you or anyone needs a little time no sweat.
I’m pretty sure there is nothing else wrong with it besides what I mentioned in my original post so if your fairly local I suggest you come by and check it out, you have nothing to lose, I’m easy to work with. Good luck.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm about 8 hours away by car. I've driven farther for bikes, though I was younger and more tolerant of bad drivers then, lol! Can you show me pics of the dash? Does the OE Radio or clock work? I know I will be overhauling the forks, brakes, rear shocks, maybe carbs and fuel system, timing belts, and water pump that you mentioned. Just wondering what else to prepare for.

Oh, I'm about 8 hours away by car. I've driven farther for bikes, though I was younger and more tolerant of bad drivers then, lol! Can you show me pics of the dash? Does the OE Radio or clock work? I know I will be overhauling the forks, brakes, rear shocks, maybe carbs and fuel system, timing belts, and water pump that you mentioned. Just wondering what else to prepare for.

Attachments

• 55E1A1D9-558E-4AEB-954A-CFC468B61345.jpeg
    55E1A1D9-558E-4AEB-954A-CFC468B61345.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 113
A big THANK YOU to Roy for selling me this beautiful machine! It is already taking the edge off my depression from selling my '81 GL1100. Cheers!