'85 GL1200A

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveA-wing

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, old member with new (almost) bike. I have the opportunity to get a 10th Anniversary GL1200A with only 8800 miles on the clock. This bike was last licensed in '94 and has been garaged since the owner passed away in '94. I have made a quick inspection of the bike and it is going to need all the common stuff (all 3 master cylinders and calipers rebuilt, carbs are currently stuck, tires are dry rotted, battery shot, etc. ). I'll know more once I get it home where I can remove all the Markland chrome bits and do a proper assessment. The paint and plastics are in excellent shape outside of some light surface rust from sitting. I brought my '81 GL1100i with 86,000 miles back from the brink of death when I bought her, so I'm not too scared. I'll post some pictures once I get her home.

Steve

yep. we all watchin. lol tell us more! pics, papers? 10th anniversary? without integrity, its just another $800 goldwing.

After 4 long hours of extreme sweat, cussing and with the help of my buddy, 2 log chains, a come-a-long and a strap winch we were finally able to get the bike coaxed out of the trailer, into the garage and up on the bike lift. This task made this old man feel every one of his 68 years. It's now Markland removal time. This ole girl is going on a diet! Pics will be coming soon.

After 4 long hours of extreme sweat, cussing and with the help of my buddy, 2 log chains, a come-a-long and a strap winch we were finally able to get the bike coaxed out of the trailer, into the garage and up on the bike lift. This task made this old man feel every one of his 68 years. It's now Markland removal time. This ole girl is going on a diet! Pics will be coming soon.
I'm looking forward to your adventure. I only have the one '86 Interstate. Had a pre-K 750 for years, but it went away )-:.