A "newbie" saying "hi"

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm goldwing55706 located in Northeastern Minnesota. Over the years I have had many Hondas including at least 5 GL1000's. My most recent ride was a 2001 Valkyrie Interstate. In August I 'blacked out" while riding the Valk. My wife, who was on the back, spent one night in the hospital and I spent 31 days in the hospiital and I'm still a long way from being fully recovered. To "help mend my wounds", I recently purchased a 1980 GL1100 standard. I bought it off the internet and hope to drive to Wisconsin and pick it up soon.
I love technical forums and look forward to using this site.

Attachments

• gl1100.jpg
    gl1100.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 120
Welcome aboard! Looks to be the same color as my 81. Which has fairing and luggage rack. I love the standards look.

:Doh2: Wake up! just kiddin!, you got a real nice lookin naked there....real nice!
Welcome! there is a lot of good people and info on this site....Personally I would be mostly lost in the deep dark realms of motorcycle madness without these fellows!

Welcome to the CGW Forums, goldwing55706!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Nice ride!

Thanks for the warm welcome and wishes for a full recovery! My wife came through the accident with a broken finger and a concussion. She has been my care-taker, nurse, and cheerleader.
I look forward to making a bunch of new online friends through this site.
thanks again!

Welcome to the site from the great white north lol hope to see you out and about on that standard of yours!!

:grin: Welcome from sunland, Ca. Very nice looking naked wing. Glad to hear your on the mend. I hope the docs were able to figure out what caused the blackout.This is a great site with some very helpful members.

Latest posts