A very interesting visit this morning

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pidjones

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many know that we lost "Pistol" Pete Body a couple years ago. He was a very nice gentleman and I was honored to get to meet him when he was still healthy. His son in law is going through Pete's considerable stash of parts, bikes, etc. I visited Pete's old shop this morning and was toured around by Ken Gray, his son in law (Moose's husband) MANY carb racks (still being inventoried) and parts, complete shelters, sides, covers, etc. Quite a few still-in-box painted shelter sides and side covers in new original paint. A fairing that Ken thinks was made for one of the original prototypes that were originally shown to Honda dealers (of which Pete restored #002). Sooo many GL1000 (and GL1100) parts. Plus Pete's personal "Maggie Mae" Sulfur Yellow '76 and matching Bushtec trailer. Ken is working inventorying and consolidating (many similar parts found in several places). He will also entertain bulk buys, I think.

If you have a specific need, drop Ken an email. [email protected]

BTW, I only took pictures of a few things downstairs. Upstairs is a room filled with racks of NOS and used parts many times more than what I showed here.
IMG_20220615_093247276.jpg
IMG_20220615_093326361.jpg
IMG_20220615_093525339.jpg

I went back over to Pete's this morning. Moose and Ken were working at cleaning and sorting, plus moving the GL1000 powered rocket-looking car (I believe it is a Pulse Autocycle) that he had to make sure it would go out (just barely). I bought one of the "project bikes" - a May of '75 Candy Antares Red. I asked if they would mind if I took a couple pictures upstairs of the racks of parts Pete had accumulated.

Now please, they don't want to sell individual parts. I suggest that anyone with real interest in a large lot of the parts (many NOS) contact Ken and make an appointment to visit. Note the Antares Red fairing on the top left shelf (the windshield is with it as well as mount frame). We believe that it may be a one-off that was on one of the bikes Honda brought over in 1974 to display to dealers. Probably made by Vetter. Hope the photos give an indication of the mass of parts here (including NOS side covers, shelters, etc.) Most tools have been spoken for by Pete's son. There are shelves of speedos and tachs (each shelf labeled as to year) in the office. There is also a Honda-branded toy train set - would be a great thing for a Honda dealer to set up in his showroom every year at Christmas time!

DSC02690.JPG
DSC02695.JPG
DSC02696.JPG

Brought the red '75 home today. She will have to wait in the shed until I finish this D@#^%$# Triumph, though. The Pulse was loaded up and headed back home to Michigan.

An update on the '75 that I bought. It sets nestled in the back of my tractor shed behind boxes of parts, two tractors and a nice RD400c, BUT! belts came in for it today! They will go on before I crank it over. (Next year by the rate this Triumph is going).