Acceleration burps

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekvh

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot seem to figure why my 77 hesitates- and sounds like crap, when I blip the throttle to shift down or ready to take off. Once under way it has real good power and is smooth all the way up and all the down the rpm range. I have the old black box ignition and have done the bypass trick for that I've done the off idle jet fix. I've been through the carbs a few times. They are very clean. Could this just be one, or more, slides that don't pull up evenly? Under load, they must pull up a bit slower, where as at idle or no load, maybe one is hanging behind the others. I've polished the slides, but I think that is where I'll look again. Any other suggestions?

im not sure what the black box fix is but weak ignition can cause these symtoms as other can too as far as the slides go ...over the yrs the caps could have switched around causeing different tolerences and would pull up differently from that ....if the carb are off iseems you could check how the slides come up with a vacume pump hooked up and visualy see the slides come up in unison maybe

these 1000 carbs are just barely up to the job in working ....if i have big trouble with the on my 77 im restoring now ....there will be 1100 carbs going on it ...they are so smooth when right...1000 carbs just arnt in there class at all i dont care how good there top end is :mrgreen:

Joe, you got me on the right path. I checked the ground at the black box and it was questionable at best. Tightened up and it is noticeably better. Added another wire for good measure. I think that was it. One of these days I better upgrade to the newer Dyna S. I just had the advance out two weeks ago but will look at that again......someday. Thanks

Latest posts