Air brush project

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
Since I took on the job of painting my side cover on the 1500, it made me think aboot the last "paint job" I actually did(and, it came up on one of my FB "memories" today :hihihi: )...and it was quite a while ago. The son of the feller I worked for at the time was getting into 1/10th scale RC cars, and asked me if I would paint his new Lumina body. I said "Sure...why not?". THEN he shows me a pic of the car he wanted his to look like! It was Mike Ashley's Pro Mod car! Whooops! I might have bit off a lil more than I could chew, especially since the bodies for RC cars are typically CLEAR, and are painted on the INSIDE. Took me 3-4 weekends to get done, but it turned out nice....so nice he bought another body for the car so he wouldn't damage the one I painted...wtf???? Lol

Mike Ashley's car...

My copy...

Air brushing something from the inside was quite a struggle for me, having to figure out which color(s) to paint first, and mask stuff off with the design I wanted. It's not a perfect match to Mike's car, but it was close enough!

Latest posts