Aluminum Polish

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DemonRider

Reaction score
My Bike Models
1982 GL 1100 Cafe Racer
Hey guys..I want to snazzy up my 82 1100 gl. Was gonna go with Mothers polishing cream and a buffer on a drill. Any better advice?

Real bad oxidation comes off faster using a felt pad. follow up with a looser cotton mop. I use my drill press on highest speed to buff. Rouge for the polishing medium and then a good wax to finish off.

Nice video. Once a person gets the item to a high shine, recommend a protectant such as CERAKOTE MC5100 - no affiliation just like the product. Spray or brush on, one coat. Cleans up nice and easy. Could be another product out there but this is the one I have used.

I recently discovered that carb cleaner in the gallon can from NAPA will remove the the very tenacious clearcoat if you leave it to soak for a few hours. I know you can't dip a fork slider unless you pour the stuff into a different container, but carb tops are quite easy. Dip, sand off scratches, polish with a loose mop and white polishing compound. Most of my polishing starts with wet/dry sandpaper under a trickle of clean water, then polish with a wheel.

Attachments

• 20160118_145757.jpg
    20160118_145757.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 0
I recently discovered that carb cleaner in the gallon can from NAPA will remove the the very tenacious clearcoat if you leave it to soak for a few hours. I know you can't dip a fork slider unless you pour the stuff into a different container, but carb tops are quite easy. Dip, sand off scratches, polish with a loose mop and white polishing compound. Most of my polishing starts with wet/dry sandpaper under a trickle of clean water, then polish with a wheel.
Sharp! Thx