Another GL1100 Megasquirt EFI project

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I think it's time to move on. I don't ever ride the Goldwing and just don't really have the desire to keep playing with it. After going through a move and lamenting having to haul it around, I think it's best to let it go. Before I try craigslist or parting it out, is there anyone here who would be interested in it? I haven't ridden it in months, but it does run when jump started (battery is currently dead). I never really finished the tuning; I remember it riding very well the last few times I rode it but it was still stalling out some of the time when I pull in the clutch after decelerating. I'd say the project is somewhere around 80-90% complete, with tuning being the majority of the remaining work and the rest being appearance things. I'm not really looking to recoup costs as much as get the garage space back, so I'm only really looking for $1500. The only part I might keep is the wideband O2; it's not permanently installed and is only needed for tuning. I'm still in the Phoenix area if anyone would like to check it out.

Pics are here, taken today: https://imgur.com/a/n0WDN

I know there would be much more interest in parting it out, but I really really don't want to do that. Without the original carbs, that will leave me with a shell of a bike that will be very difficult to get rid of. If there's no interest at all in the bike as is I may consider it, but it won't be anytime soon.

hmmmmm i wonder why FI projects are so difficult on oldwings ...ive really never seen one that was doing better than stock ...you would think they could be dialed in ...ive never had the money to try to do it ...anyway im in fla a way to far....plus i lack the skill set here to really measure up to you steve ..not even close ....i hope someone gets it ..it looks like good work was done here and maybe a FI tuning guru can make it work ...

Damn steve,sorry it didnt work out for you.its a neat project

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=186926#p186926:3nytboum said:
joedrum » 10 minutes ago[/url]":3nytboum]
hmmmmm i wonder why FI projects are so difficult on oldwings ...ive really never seen one that was doing better than stock ...you would think they could be dialed in ...ive never had the money to try to do it ...anyway im in fla a way to far....plus i lack the skill set here to really measure up to you steve ..not even close ....i hope someone gets it ..it looks like good work was done here and maybe a FI tuning guru can make it work ...

It's just time, I think. At the end of the day these are old bikes, you REALLY have to love them to finish these kinds of projects. When I did this before I was doing it to the only motorcycle I owned at the time so there was a real incentive to get it all done. With this? I barely ride as it is, so when I do I usually take the much newer FJR so I can enjoy riding instead of fiddling with it. Even then I don't think I even managed 3000 miles in 2016...

At the rate I was going with tuning I think I would have had it all perfect in another 500 miles at most, but even then it's a heavy bike with bad brakes and soft suspension. I just sort of lost interest unfortunately. If there were more hours in a day I'd definitely finish it even if it's just to say I did it.

Looks like a great project and I hope that you can sell it complete. Haven't fixed the brakes (82 front upgrade) on mine yet but the suspension is now good with new springs and shocks. :yes:

Latest posts