Another New Guy

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StSchil

Reaction score
image.jpeg
Greetings to all. My name is Steve, from Martinsville, Indiana. I'm a member of GWRAA IN Chap Z and am an 'Oldwing multiple offender :mrgreen: Got my first Wing, a 76 GL1000, in the mid 90's and was hooked on them. Sadly, economic hard times meant I had to sell it and I went for nearly 20 years without any bikes at all. This year I finally decided it was time again and went looking for another older Goldwing to buy and fix up. I found an 83 Interstate that had been sitting in a barn for the last decade. She was complete, but didn't run and needed love, which she received. After installing new timing belts, a donated right head, head gaskets, and rebuilding the carbs, along with a bunch of cleaning and polishing, I had her up and running and ridden nearly 4500 miles since Aug. Her name is Sweet Madam Blue (you can probably guess why). The GW bug bit me hard and I had to find another to work on this winter. Enter 'Giddyup-Go', My most recent acquisition. An 83 Aspy that had a seized motor. I've since gotten it free'd and spinning smoothly and am getting ready to start really working on her. (The cream/brown paint will be gone by spring in favor of a tri-tone Gold/Silver/Hunter Green Metallic that I have planned) I also have an 80 standard parts contributor bike as well. (Didn't I say I got bit pretty hard? :music:)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 543
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 544
I haven't been a non-rider, just a non-owner :) I come from a heavily motorcycled family and have been able to get my knees in the breeze from time to time over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard, :hi: nice start to the madness! :good: It takes at least THREE of anything to juggle with success. :hihihi:Been trying to juggle three, 1200's, & a 1500 :roll:

I do not know for sure. She's been repainted. I've found from over spray under the tank shelter and the non-repainted rear fender (which isn't seen all) that she was originally maroon.
The paint, though generally OK is in need of refreshing, which is on my list for the winter. I am going to try to match the color. I really like it and besides, she gets a lot of compliments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts