Another question

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomahawk

Reaction score
Is the crankshaft on the GL1000 the same as A GL1100 I have aquired a GL1000 with a bad stator and if they are the same I was going to use Dan's drawing to have a pulley for an external alternator made

Thanks Again you guys

I can't say 100% certain they are the same but I did have a 1000 engine here and it seems like I compared them at some time and they were the same.
If you compare the pulley dimensions to the crank that will confirm it's fit or not.
If you have any question, I have an 1100 crank I could measure for you.

dan filipi":nov17nw3 said:
I can't say 100% certain they are the same but I did have a 1000 engine here and it seems like I compared them at some time and they were the same.
If you compare the pulley dimensions to the crank that will confirm it's fit or not.
If you have any question, I have an 1100 crank I could measure for you.

The drawing you posted is for an 1100 crank Yes? If so I guess I would need to measure up the 1000 and see if it is the same. Seeing as you have gone to the trouble to draw up a pulley I was going to go the lazy way and use your design :oops: :oops:

The measurement is actually from I guy I knew awhile back who drew it up from a 1200 crank.
So far I'm certain the 1200 and 1100 crank ends are the same.
Feel free to use it Tom, I was just saying to double check the measurements with your 1000 crank.

Dan

You are absolutely right I will pull the timing covers and measure it up. I would want to check/change the belts anyway so out with the vernier and do it right LOL

Tomahawk":dmoowofr said:
Dan

You are absolutely right I will pull the timing covers and measure it up. I would want to check/change the belts anyway so out with the vernier and do it right LOL

Hey Tomahawk, what did you find out. Are they the same.
Waiting in suspence. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Latest posts