AussieGold’s 75 at Springwood Suzuki again

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
Yesterday I had the pleasure of seeing Maurice’s beautiful 75 Goldwing again in Springwood Qld. Unfortunately due to his passing this was the first time that I was able to meet his son-in-law and his grand daughter. It was a great pleasure to meet another generation of classic Goldwing owners ( Maurice has bequeathed the 75 to his grand daughter) and relatives of a excellent friend and riding buddy. We met at Gasoline Alley first for the food and early morning ambiance ( before all the Harleys arrive) and the proceeded over to Springwood Suzuki. There we also managed a couple of drinks and the VJMC president was able to do an inspection on the GL1000 so that it can be eligible for Qld club registration (it current is registered in Victoria). Looking forward to seeing Maurice’s 76 LTD next time as well as his family members.
1642896788597.jpeg

1642896838713.jpeg

1642896952184.jpeg

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Glad to that! Do you still have a California tag on the Rats Nest?
Well spotted Gerry, there is nothing wrong with your eyesight. Steve sent me the original plate which I had forgotten and I installed it above and underneath my QLD CGW81 personalised plate. I have had the constabulary question the legitimacy of having two plates displayed many years ago. I was advised to remove it but in keeping with the heritage of the bike I love having the original plate on it still.

Latest posts