backfire

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think the mufflers maybe good i think the rattling around inside is rust the has broken loose. need to some how get that out of there then have to work on the right header as i said the part were is connects to the header is broken off inside. still would like to see pic of your wielding work. i can't wield at all but have friend in a machine shop that can get the work done.

Not the prettiest, this is a close up image too and dirty from sitting outside but this spot was totally open before I started.

image.php

image.php

After having done this I wouldn't hesitate to open up one that had rattling inside.

Also if it comes down to it others have cut the 1100 muffs off at the end of the collector.
They say there is a pipe similar to the 1000 headers inside so you could clamp or weld on different muffs if wanted.

i think that looks good a little clean up and some black paint on headers and they would lood good. will they fit on a 1000? if so you willing to part with them?

rock42":mq46sncv said:
i think that looks good a little clean up and some black paint on headers and they would lood good. will they fit on a 1000? if so you willing to part with them?

PM sent

dan filipi":3dl1mo0l said:
Not the prettiest, this is a close up image too and dirty from sitting outside but this spot was totally open before I started.

image.php

image.php

After having done this I wouldn't hesitate to open up one that had rattling inside.

Also if it comes down to it others have cut the 1100 muffs off at the end of the collector.
They say there is a pipe similar to the 1000 headers inside so you could clamp or weld on different muffs if wanted.
Dan, do you still have the step by step photos of this repair or was that only in the Pre-crash thread?

ok for all those that have been following my thing backfire here is the final update. drained the fuel system and tank and found lots of water in the system. put in new fuel and seafoam and new spark plugs. also synced carbs and found the adjuster for setting the left bank with the right had the nut loose and almost off, got carb synced and it is running like a goldwing again. i want to thank all those that have helped me with this project and gave me good advice. need to ride it a little more than i do and will take care of that as well.