backfire

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock42

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i may have brought this up before but am having a senior moment, so will bring it up again. to make the story short i am backfiring out of my left bank. checked plugs and unused fuel on them both. am going to check the spark plug wires from coils and see if that is it, what i need is suggestions of anything other than the spark plug wires that i can check.

Dose it backfire on deceleration???? If this is the case It might be the cutoff valve on the carb.
The wings have 4 carbs in the rack so 4 possiables. Left bank narrows it to 2/4...Just a thought :whistling: :whistling: :ahem:

thanks for the info i will check all these suggestions out over the next few days. can only work a little while in the texas heat. will let ya'll know what i found out.

Back firing is always related to a valve open when it shouldn't be...

just want to bring all those that gave me info on my backfiring problem, after checking all things suggested it turned out to be (are you ready for this) the two spark plug wires on #2 and $4 were crossed. reversed them and now running good, but still will need to sync carbs. now getting ready to replace fork seals. i want to thank all those that gave me input, i couldn't do this stuff without all ya'lls help. so thanks again