Can't Get It to Idle

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbuice

Reaction score
After spending $500+ a few times to get my 1975 GL1000 Carbs rebuilt I decided to try a single carb this year. I purchased a manifold and a 34PICT-3 carb. I followed the instructions and have it all installed. No matter what I do I can't get the bike to idle below 2000 rpm. I have looked through this forum and haven't seen anything much about this issue. I have Dyna ignition on the bike if that makes any difference. Can anyone offer any advice?

I just thought of another question. In my reading through the forum I came across a couple of posts regarding icing of the manifold. Is this a big problem and does it keep the bike from running? Does it happen when riding or just until the bike is warmed up?

Thanks.

Benny

Sounds like you may have a vacuum leak

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

I know of no reputable rebuilder that would not give you assistance in getting a set of carbs that they rebuilt running right. Pistol Pete (now his son Mark) actually test-runs all sets on a shop engine. Maybe your problem isn't the carbs, but the engine and ignition.

Ok ...im assuming this is fuel shut off solenoid ..with no power on it it shuts the gas feed to the idle Circuit ...when power is applied it draws the solenoid back and gas flow is open ..so yes power must be hooked up there to get idle ...

Latest posts