carb sync and fuel mixture

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Power supply to both coils should be from the same source and can be tapped to supply dyna power. Each pickup from dyna will need to go to a single coil at the connection opposite power feed on the coils. Those should be different colors at each coil.

Dyna pickups should connect to yellow wire for one coil and blue and yellow for the other coil. Power is black and white. According to my diagram. :read:

That is correct except red wire is connected to hot switched lead on terminal strip. I unpluged coil pigtail and lost continuity on both sides, but when plugged back in, I have continuity between yellow and blue coil wires. Been messing with it all day, gonna call it quits tonight and sleep on it. Must have a bad connection somewhere.

check coil mounts are clean and tight as that is ground for the coils. Check the ignition plate is also clean where it screws into the cup. Let us know what else you find. Check continuity to ground at each yellow and blue wires. Continuity between may simply be reading of a common ground. Check for full battery voltage at the red supply wire and the black/white coil supply. If battery reads 12.4 volts so should those wires.

if it was all good before ...then you have to think big on the dyna being bad on that dimm lit side you were talking ...you can switch the leads on the dyna at the side covers and it sould spark on the othe other plugs .....of corse all plugs out of motor when checking this .....if the spark switches over to the other wires then the coils are good and dyna is suspect bad ....this dosnt happen very often but can i guess.....theres a chance that the connector is bad sometimes just pulling them apart causes problems .....im doing the same thing on a 77 right now .....ihope you and i both have a good day today getting this going right :mrgreen:

Just wanted to point out to be sure all plugs are plugged in and resting on the head to get a ground when checking for spark since these are shared coils and need it's companion plug grounded.

Continuity to coils can be traced to black and white power wires that loop into each other at bottom side of pigtail plug. Removed Dyna completely and shows grounding out between right side adjustable pickup and baseplate. This is from red power wire to baseplate, and also yellow wire to baseplate. Sounds like pickup is bad to me?

:cheeky: :Awe: :rant: :sensored: Thats what I was affraid of. No riding for me today. :sensored:

Latest posts