Charging Problem/Question

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbullet

Reaction score
Noticed lately that my volt meter has been slow to climb to its normal position of 13 volts. Went for a ride today & it ran between 11 & 12 volts & when idling it would be @ 10 or slightly below Only got up to 13 a couple times in the 110 mile ride.
What usually is a cronic issue with the 1000's charging system. I don't belive I ever had any problems with it.............if my memory is correct.
Do they have brushes in the charging system like the 1500's? I remember having to change them @ 60.000 miles.

Try cleaning your grounds first, esp the one behind tge triangular motor mount by the battery. Don't just tighten it, take it off and look for corrosion on the motor part. I had yo take a file to mine to clean it up. Then check your shelter grounds, esp reg/ rectifier. Good advice to solder the connections as suggested above. If you check your grounds first and it charges better, you know your stator is still good for a while. Have you checked battery yet?

Thanks fellows! It is a simple wire issue. Took off the cover & checked the yellow wires I there is one bare one. Moved them around & put the cover back on went for a 20 mile ride & all is well.
Which tells me, When I get some more time, look more throughly & do some cleaning, Possible sodering & maybe some electrical tape.
Something I can handle myself!! :clapping: :thanks: :thanks:

chasrogers":2r6r9p8v said:
eccept that tape peels and moves with heat must be the crap glue used on tape. so that is why I said heat shink first then ape. :good: :good: :good:
Crap tape uses crap glue.

3M brand is good.

dan filipi":3rte02m7 said:
eccept that tape peels and moves with heat must be the crap glue used on tape. so that is why I said heat shink first then ape. :good: :good: :good:
Crap tape uses crap glue.

3M brand is good.

:smilie_happy: Ya but up here we use hockey tape! darn those Kings anyways!! 2013 will be the year the old blue and white will be hoisting the cup :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: