Choke Operation

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After rebuilding my 78 I can’t get it to run on all 4 cylinders. I decided to remove the carbs as the left hand cylinders seem to be flooding. When i started examining the carbs i noticed that the chokes butterfly’s do not move when the choke linkage is moved. If i push the choke linkage in (towards the carbs) and turn it then the butterfly valves move. Anyone know how to fix that?

Thanks

Corey

I had my carbs out a couple weeks ago. I too may have to take them out again as hagh idle is not engaging when choke is on.
Here is a pic of the carb linkage before they were torn apart for cleaning. Maybe it can be of some help to you. Do none of your butterflys work, or just one side?

Attachments

• carb linkage.jpg
    carb linkage.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 102
I had my carbs out a couple weeks ago. I too may have to take them out again as hagh idle is not engaging when choke is on.
Here is a pic of the carb linkage before they were torn apart for cleaning. Maybe it can be of some help to you. Do none of your butterflys work, or just one side?
Thanks for the response and picture. None of them worked. However on the NGW site i found that if you put them back together to tightly they wont turn. I‘m not sure why the main shaft is print driven rather than directly driven. I loosened things up and now they close and open, but not as freely as i would like. Still working on them.

thanks for the picture as i forgot to take that when i took the carbs apart