DFT users on oldwings

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bike is far from most on motor and stock DFT carb...for awhile now I’ve been trying something out that’s working great on my new motor ...witch seems to be a very fresh motor ...things went rich at idle on me ..I’m thinking it’s because the motor is stronger in freshness over the 86 motor I had ...some time ago I defeated the pined adjustment screw on the secondary throttle plate ..I’m sure a epa regulation thing ...it was very helpful as I could get a bit of air with it slightly open some on my 86 motor at idle ...but if open to much would bring gas from the secondary barrel idle jet ...as a crazy move like I’m always trying things ...with the 84 motor ...I just took out the secondary barrel idle jet holder and all ...

Result was huge ..I was able to open the secondary idle plate add air with no penalty of gas coming in and got great idle ...went for ride bike ran great ..seems to be no penalty for missing idle jet in secondary ..been almost a month now ..I’m leaving it that way ...

Don’t know if this will help others but I’m thinking it will ...one trick one can do ..if your bike is idling and warmed up ..you can turn off the gas ..and if the motor rises in rpm just before it quits your idle is to rich :builder:

Ok did in mpg test on new set up with the weber DFT ...it’s like 90degrees plus in fla. Figures are 1.6 gallons 67miles....in this weather it seems bike gets its worse reading so I’m rather happy with the results ....havnt broke it down yet ..just posted raw figures