F35 unintentional loop

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
This guy is clearly incredibly skilled and you know the sailors on the flight deck must have freaked when they saw this unfold in front of them.

This is unbelievable! F-35 unintentional loop at takeoff, a real "check your shorts" event.

A supremely well-trained US Navy pilot, ice water running in his veins, regains full control of his $70 million, F-35 joint strike force fighter, after a problematic vertical take-off attempt... Watch as the rear vertical thruster fires causing the problem.
There's nothing about this the pilot enjoys. If he could have ejected at 100' upside down and lived, he would have. Looks like the afterburner kicks in while still vectored for vertical takeoff. Lockheed would call this a "software malfunction" and do a little more "regressive testing". This is a good demonstration of power-to-weight ratio of this aircraft! And talk about stability control...

If he didn't come out of the loop wings-level, it probably would have been bad news; maybe taking some of the carrier with him! Add to this flying through your own exhaust, which can lead to equipment malfunctions, such as "flame out". The F-35 is single engine aircraft with vertical takeoff/landing capability, but it has the aerodynamics of a Steinway piano at zero airspeed. This is probably the most unbelievable piece of flying ever recorded.

its hard to trane for that move....as a airforce service brat i saw the most dangerous plane ever on a daily basis...that was the sabre sa58 i think cant remember ...those jets below 300 mph hardly flew and drop like rocks when landing....the guys who flew those jets were tuff ....even a rock will fly if you get it going fast enough but landing is a whole other story... :heat: :mrgreen:

That was freak'n amazing. I wonder who's job it will be to clean his flight suit? :smilie_happy:

Dan,
I really hate to be the grinch here but this is a scene from the XBox 360 game called "Battlefield 2". It was posted on the internet in Mar 09, I believe it was and has floated around the aviation community since. If you notice there is no relative motion between the carrier and the clouds. In real life the carrier turns into the wind and goes as fast as it can. Also, notice that when the plane is vertical (thrust down) there is no jet blast effect on the helicopter or debris flying around the deck. The F135 has demonstrated a maximum thrust of over 50,000 lb. Believe me, there would be stuff flying everywhere if this were real.

Sorry,
Dave

Motorcycles, video games and cool videos...hell if I could get a beer and a lap dance at CGW I would never log off. :party:

lew1701":35vkbxmo said:
Motorcycles, video games and cool videos...hell if I could get a beer and a lap dance at CGW I would never log off. :party:
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :salute:

Latest posts