first Goldwing, and this is cool!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Bike Models
Honda GL1000 (75) Triumph Bonneville (71)
Hello all,
I've been browsing your forums the past couple weeks but just joined today. My name is Daniel and I'm the Industrial Arts & Facilities Director at the Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer. We provide several therapy programs for kids and their families who currently have or have had cancer, at no cost to them or their families.

One of our programs is Industrial Arts, which is basically shop class. We have an auto and woodworking shop where the kids learn a wide variety of skills.

Currently I have a young man who is helping me get a donated Goldwing running. It's a 1975 GL1000. We've already had some fun, and your forum has already helped us out. Just wanted to say hello as I'm sure we'll have more questions in the future!

I'll definitely give you guys some updates. Here's a photo of my guy taking stock of what we need to do. Yesterday we had to remove the starter, and that was a HUGE pain until we figured out we could just simply remove the header stud to give enough clearance.

If we get her running I'll post a short video. Thanks for the welcome!

Attachments

• 20220321_152700.jpg
    20220321_152700.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 52
Great thing your doing, helping kids to understand.
The how & why, things work, or don't.
A great way to forget about being sick
Yes, that's the goal. We use it as diversionary therapy, and they learn a skillset along the way. We do everything from full car builds from Factory Five to lightly outfitting and customizing vehicles like the Ford Mach E, to repairing donated motorcycles and vehicles that are auctioned off to further benefit this program.

Latest posts