fuel pump install GL1000 1976

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jryan19

Reaction score
Reinstalling the head on the right side. When installing the fuel pump it is crushing the cam seal. Am I doing something wrong ? Seems it would ruin the seal. Yes this is my first time doing this on a GL 1000. lol The head is torqed and rocker arms installed. Any one done this lately ? TIA

image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

I guess I am murphys law. I had it in my head that an oil seal should go on each side of the camshaft. So I got them both on. And it fit the crankcase and head perfect. Of course no room for the fuel pump Doh ! Thanks for that information. I appreciate it. I removed the seal and hope to get back on track.

If you're having trouble getting the pump on it could be that you're using the wrong thickness gasket, I think the 1000 uses the thin gasket as opposed to the 1100 using the thicker one due to the length of the pump drive cam on the.rear end of the camshaft.

If you're having trouble getting the pump on it could be that you're using the wrong thickness gasket, I think the 1000 uses the thin gasket as opposed to the 1100 using the thicker one due to the length of the pump drive cam on the.rear end of the camshaft.
The pump went on easily after I removed the cam seal that did no belong there. Also the gasket on the pump is very thick.

The very thick seal actually has 2 gaskets, one on both sides. I discovered it today. It took a razor blade to reveal after I noticed a lip on both sides. Also the gasket kit I have had 2 identical gaskets. Hope this helps.

Latest posts