Fuel Pump Question

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10drum

Reaction score
My Bike Models
1984 GL1200
The fuel pump on this 84 GL1200 project is bad. I see eBay has two listed, an $80 ones and a $15 dollar ones. That can't be right?? Why such a big difference?

Is the $80 one that much better?

they may be both junk. or maybe both good, but if new , tell us about the mfg co. i would not buy from ebay on a critical part unless i knew exactly what it was, how old it was, who made it, and is it new old stock. ask billy lane how it feels to do shoddy work with shoddy parts! lol, the human fireball!

I did some research, claydbal, you may be right. I found a new Honda made in Japan pump for $160. As for eBay, I have good luck with eBay both buying and selling.

i have seen in places that a honda car fuel pump is the same as our bikes. salvage yards for a song. but dont remember which honda car. i wouldnt pay 160 bux for sure. mine is original, 40 years old in a few months, obvious the previous owners didnt care much about maintenance either. lol but i have to feel it to tell its actually running. quiet as a mouse. they are out there! good luck. and yes, i too have had good luck with ebay. i dont support idiots and that always steers me to better vendors and parts.
peace

I bought an automobile pump, diaphragm type, maybe was for a small 1600 cc or smaller cc 4 cyl Honda or Toyota, maybe an 84 prelude, I can't remember for sure. Mounted it myself, works fine. Bought it at Autozone about 5 yrs ago, think was about $ 40. More info on suitable pumps may be found on Steve Saunders goldwing web site. Think main thing is, you don't want one that develops over about 5 psi maximum pressure.

I think the 84 prelude pump will work. I used on my 86 1200 with success, bought at Autozone. I suspect any 12 Volt diaphragm design fuel pump used in mid 80s 4 cyl cars of 1600 cc displacement or so will work. Try to buy one with less than about 5 psi max outlet pressure.

Latest posts