Gl 1200 question

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after many hours of investigation and research I decided to purchase the poor boy kit off Don. I do want to thank Rednax 60 and all the rest of you guys for your input. I think I could put together an alternator conversion on my own, however I lack the time. I work full time and am presently fixing up my house to sell. With the poor boy kit I will be able to do the install in a couple of days as Don has done all the heavy lifting regarding the design...I will be installing new pulse generators and timing belts at the same time. I was able to purchase the alternator off a company called Parts avatar for 166.00 including core charge delivered to my door. The 50 amp breaker is coming from Amazon and the wire from Home Hardware. Yes the kit is expensive but it will save me a lot of valuable time.

I will do updates once I start this project, thanks again and Merry Christmas to all.

The kit is the way to go... my neighbor had an old GEO in his back yard... I, with his knowledge, took that alt and the kit w/o alt and we did the conversion in about 4 hours... Just one man working at a time... It is super easy and you will be done in no time at all... enjoy the juice(electrical) :) :)

Latest posts